Toronto, Ontario , M4C 5J2
Safe Families Canada (SFC) is a faith based non profit charity that serves to prevent children from entering the foster care system. Parents in crisis voluntarily place their child(ren) with an approved and screened volunteer Host Family while they work through their crisis. Family Coach and Family Friend volunteers work together to support the parent as well as the Host Family.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Police Record Checks.
- Valid Drivers’ License; access to a vehicle and the ability and willingness to travel.
- Must be willing and able to implement the core mission and community commitments of Safe Families.
The SFC Regional Director is an integral part of the SFC team. Reporting to the Western/Eastern Canada Director, the Regional Director is responsible for the establishment and growth of Safe Families in a particular region. This involves the recruiting, screening and training of a network of volunteers as well as engaging churches. They will train and equip staff as well as network with local agencies for referrals. The Regional Director must also ensure adherence to program policies and procedures.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited post-secondary institution or carry equivalent work experience in a related social services field
- Have strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize workload demands
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Demonstrated proficiency in financial cash flows and budgets
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Problem identification, analysis and resolution skills
- Must be a passionate and caring individual who is able to communicate effectively and work alongside families in crisis and the community at large
- Proficiency with office suite software (Word, Excel and Outlook for Windows or their Apple equivalents)
This is a part-time position with the potential of becoming full-time.
Please apply with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
We thank all who apply.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 9325 ]