Guelph, Ontario , N1H 3Y2
Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario (CFFO) is a professional organization for family farm entrepreneurs. The CFFO was established to help our members live out their faith in their farming practices and to help government develop policies and programs that protect the long-term success of agriculture. As a provincially Accredited Farm Organization (AFO), we advocate on behalf of our members, advising provincial government on policy solutions for a broad range of agricultural, rural and social issues that impact the quality of life and the businesses of our farm families.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced General Manager to guide CFFO operations by providing team leadership and supervision for all subordinate staff. The General Manager is charged with the responsibility of providing the Board of Directors with expert guidance on governance, strategic direction and agricultural policy issues.
CFFO offers challenging work, a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation and the opportunity to be a key member of the leadership team. The successful candidate will be provided mentoring by the current job incumbent to ensure an effective transition to the role.
The ideal candidate will possess a University Degree and/or 5–10 years related experience. The successful candidate must have experience managing a diverse team, have strong personal and professional integrity, an openness to Christian values with experience reporting to a Board as an asset. They will also have an in-depth understanding of agricultural, rural and social issues relating to farm families.
Responsibility for CFFO Strategic Operations
- Ensure that the CFFO meets its obligations under those laws by which it is bound, and in accordance with CFFO policy.
- Provide project management oversight of CFFO’s strategic plan.
- Provide leadership in future strategic planning initiatives.
- Provide team leadership to employees by guiding their planning and implementation process.
- Provide oversight and accountability for day-to-day operations and human resources.
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate records of employee performance and compensation; ensure that the CFFO’s approach to compensation is fair and equitable.
- Ensure the maintenance of complete and accurate financial and administrative records.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors on matters of financial management and budgeting.
- Maintain fluency in CFFO mandate and policy positions in order to communicate them effectively to stakeholders. Maintain open communication channels with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strategic relations with government, elected officials, and partnering/like-minded agriculture organizations.
- Represent the CFFO at stakeholder and industry events.
- Oversee a coordinated annual stakeholder engagement plan, as part of the strategic plan.
Delivery of Expert Guidance to the Executive Board
- Be knowledgeable and conversant in both short-term issues and long-term trends as well as emerging issues and their impact.
- In consultation with the Director of Policy & Research, provide direction for policy development.
- Be accountable to the Board for achieving the goals and directives laid out by the Executive Board, including the CFFO strategic plan.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website. Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume and cover letter to Michelle Strassburger, CHRL, CPM, C.I.M. Senior HR Consultant, H2R Business Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, CFFO accommodates the individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. If you are contacted regarding this job opportunity or an assessment, please advise if you require accommodation so we can ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 9329 ]