Ethnic Church Engager/Mobilizer
Ethnic Church Engager/Mobilizer
Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 2S5
SIM is a 128-year-old catalyst for global missions that goes above in prayer and beyond in care to bring good news to hard places because there are people living and dying without the gospel. The vision of SIM is to see a witness to Christ’s love where He is least known, disciples of Jesus expressing God’s love in their communities, and Christ-centered churches among all peoples. SIM Canada is part of an international mission organization with more than 4,000 ministry workers, serving in more than 70 countries, from over 60 different diverse nationalities. We are both a sending and receiving agency, sending people from Canada, receiving people to Canada, and serving in Canada alongside the church. We are looking for people who love Jesus and who are willing to use their skills on one of our ministry teams here at home or worldwide.
We are convinced that God's primary means of relating to and transforming the world is the church. Thus, where there is no church, we are committed to evangelism and starting churches. Where a church exists, we are committed to strengthen the church through fostering relationship, teaching the Bible, developing leaders, and equipping the church to fulfill Christ's Commission. SIM is searching for a motivated Ethnic Church Engager/Mobilizer who is developed in their Christian faith and can nurture and grow relationships with ethnic churches in Ontario. You will be tasked with multi-level relationship building by partnering with ethnic churches and ministries with the hopes of creating networks that move missional initiatives forward. This position reports directly to the Director of Mobilization.
Job Responsibilities & Outcomes
- Develop meaningful and on-going relationships with Churches, Pastors, Leaders, mission committees, and boards
- Ability to host SIM events/speakers in the ethnic church setting that would increase awareness and participation of ethnic church missional engagement
- Represent SIM Canada by contributing to various events and participating as a speaker at these events where required
- Be proactive with church engagement particularly with leadership to find opportunities to promote missions opportunities and meaningful conversation with potential applicants
- Strategically connect missionaries on furlough to Churches to have pulpit time
- increase awareness and participation of the ethnic church towards mission
- Mobilize and develop advocates for SIM in the church
- Combination of education and work experience in the church/missions arena
- Experience with church relations, serving on a church leadership team
- Knowledge of cross-denominational environments and cultural sensitivities
- Experience managing individuals/volunteers/teams with the ability to motivate, inspire and develop people’s skills
- Strong personal workflow, time management and prioritisation skills
- Working experience within a local ethnic church or ministry setting (Personnel/Missions Agency)
- Familiarity with and commitment to SIM’s vision, strategy, and ministries
Work Location & Hours
- SIM Canada National Office - 10 Huntingdale Blvd, Scarborough, ON, M1W 2S5
- Full-time, 5 days @ 37.5 hours per week. As a faith-based mission organization self support will be required. This will be a partially self-supported role with the requirement to raise 1/3 year 1, 2/3rds year 2 and full support by end of year 3.
- All Members of the National Office are expected to be involved in the following:
- Attend Daily Prayer Chapels (8:30 AM – 9:00 AM) (now done virtually)
- Participate on staff Committees as needed
SIM Mission Statement:
Convinced that no one should live and die without hearing God's good news, we believe that He has called us to make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in communities where he is least known.
Therefore, compelled by God's great love and empowered by the Holy Spirit…
We cross barriers to proclaim the crucified and risen Christ, expressing His love and compassion among those who live and die without Him,
We make disciples who will trust and obey Jesus, and become part of Christ-centered churches,
We work together with churches to fulfill God's mission across cultures locally and globally,
We facilitate the participation in cross-cultural ministry of those whom God is calling.
SIM Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Posted Under: International/Missions
Career ID: [ 9338 ]