Part-Time Worship Director
Part-Time Worship Director
Elmvale, Ontario , L0L1P0
Elmvale Community Church is actively searching for a person to provide leadership for our worship ministry! The worship director will oversee and coordinate worship details for services in cooperation with the other members of the staff. Elmvale Community Church is a young, vibrant church who currently has a number of youth who are active in the worship ministry, and therefore this new hire must enjoy youth and have the ability to work well with them.
- The worship director will oversee and coordinate all the details that a worship service at Elmvale Community Church encompasses.
- The worship director is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision.
- This position is pastoral in nature and therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him demonstrated through regular prayer, Bible study and worship attendance.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Elmvale Community Church.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
Desired Abilities, Skills, & Temperaments
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the Worship Ministry and congregation.
- Excellent relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading people in worship.
- A self-starter who is a team player with a positive attitude.
- A continual learner who stays current with worship music and trends.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental music.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as lead worshiper for Elmvale Community Church’s worship services.
- Provide ongoing care for the members of the Worship Ministry.
- Select music for weekly worship service, in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
- Build and develop a strong worship team or teams, so that one or two team members are confident and able to lead Sunday worship services.
- Practice in advance of Sunday service with selected team.
- Oversee the Worship Ministry budget and volunteers.
- Utilize productivity software to select proper lyrics for A/V team in advance of Sunday morning (Planning Center Online or otherwise).
- Report to CCLI usage of songs on a regular (monthly) basis.
- Expand the Worship Ministry through other related worship functions (monthly worship nights, worship team try-outs, worship team training events, etc…)
- Recruit replacement worship leader(s) In the event that the Worship Director is absent with a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice.
- Set annual goals for the Worship Ministry that are in line with our vision and evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Reports directly to Lead Pastor and regularly to Overseer’s Board.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Overseer’s Board regarding vision, accomplishments, and needs of the Worship Ministry.
- 10-12 hours per week (growth potential).
- Rate of hourly pay negotiable.
- Part-time salaried position.
- 1 year contract, renewable by mutual agreement.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 9339 ]