Langley, British Columbia
We are a Christian Not-for-profit organization and have a workforce of approximately 180 volunteers from various churches, organizations, and different walks of life. Our store in Langley is a part of BFM (Canada) which is a national organization with over 50 thrift stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to the ministry of Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult literacy programs, church planting, leadership training, children’s programs and camps, prison ministries as well as distribute Bibles and literature in more than 40 countries around the world, including Canada. Mission Thrift Store Langley is currently seeking a ministry minded individual who understands, supports and will have a passion for our vision.
The Operations Assistant will have a list of general duties around the store and in addition will also oversee various administrative tasks as well as communications. The Operations Assistant will work in partnership with the management team to ensure that donated inventory moves efficiently in and out of the store on a day-to-day basis. This individual will be involved in sorting and pricing incoming goods, heavy lifting of large furniture items, as well as being one of the go-to people for final say on donations and quality control. The potential candidate will have a 3-month probationary period before a longer-term agreement is made.
- 40 hrs per week (4 days during the week plus Saturdays) – part time position (must include Saturdays) would be considered for successful candidate if necessary
- Salary will be determined based on experience
- Two weeks of paid vacation
- Upon successful completion of probation candidate will be eligible for a health benefits package.
- Team work – can work with a variety of volunteers with many skill levels, physical and mental abilities, age categories, socio-economic situations and understands how to motivate volunteers
- Self-motivation – able to self-manage and work independently
- Interpersonal skills – possess a positive, energetic attitude, being able to relate well with people and build new relationships
- Multitasking and prioritizing – The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks quickly and efficiently as different needs arise
- Delegation – Must be able to direct the work of volunteers confidently and in a respectful manner
- Decisiveness – the ability to say “no” in a respectful manner when determining whether specific donations meet our quality guidelines
Job Duties (General)
- Responsible for the intake of incoming donations – filtering and quality control
- Pre-sorting of incoming donations and placement of donations in appropriate departments in the back of the store
- Maintaining a safe and clean workspace for all parties involved
- Unloading and loading of furniture that is being donated or purchased
- Pricing of inventory
- Recycling of outdated inventory
- Attendance and contribution to weekly staff meetings
- Attendance and contribution to various staff/volunteer events
- Assist volunteers to ensure their needs are met in order to do their various jobs. Must be able to troubleshoot problems as they arise.
Job Duties (Specialized)
- Assisting with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Google Business)
- Content creation using Canva for social media posts and printed content
- Volunteer Recruitment & Training – Communicating with and onboarding new volunteers
- Training of new volunteers regarding store policies, and department procedures
- Volunteer experience is required
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Successful applicants will require a criminal record check
- Ability to do heavy lifting (Large hutches, couches, desks etc.)
- Retail setting experience an asset
- Successful applicant will be required to complete first aid training
- Basic computer abilities (make schedules, email and communicate within a team, content creation, managing social media platforms)
- Valid BC License; experience driving a 3-ton truck would be considered an asset
All applicants must submit a resume along with a written statement of faith. Submissions can be made in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be considered until a suitable candidate is found. Only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted. We thank all others for their interest.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 9369 ]