Youth Ministry Assistant
Youth Ministry Assistant
Toronto, Ontario , M4W 1C8
St. Paul’s Bloor Street (SPBS) is a vibrant Anglican church located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We are looking for a professional, outgoing, dependable and enthusiastic individual with a passion for youth to serve on our youth team. The Youth Ministry Assistant will serve with the Youth Minister and Jr. Youth Pastor to engage an exciting and diverse group of youth between the ages of 11 through 17. The Youth Ministry Assistant is also a relational role which interacts and prays with youth and their parents.
- Organize, coordinate and, in some instances lead, effective youth ministry gatherings/programs through worship, biblical teaching and discipleship
- Facilitate small group discussions
- Disciple youth through personal connection and large group meetings
- Engage youth in activities and games to establish connections with other youth and self
- Develop and coordinate engaging and interactive initiatives for Sundays, special events, trips, and retreats
- Schedule and manage volunteers for youth gatherings on Sunday as well as throughout the week.
- Address community needs by partnering with local programs to develop and plan youth ministry outreach initiatives.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
- Compile with Diocese of Toronto Contact Tracing requirements.
And other duties as required.
- A baptized follower of Christ, active in the life of the Church and regularly attends worship when able.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of St. Paul’s Bloor Street.
- One who is gifted and called to youth ministry, loves Jesus Christ and young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- Ability to work as part of a ministry team.
- Experience in youth ministry is a plus.
- A self-motivated person, capable of creating and executing events for the youth adult ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
- Organized, punctual, values boundaries, ability to recruit, coordinate and empower persons in ministry.
- Relational style of leadership and ministry.
- Willing to submit to a Police background check and comply with the policies of St. Paul’s.
- This is a part-time position at approximately 10-20 hours per week at appropriate rate.
- Core defined hours on Sunday: 8 am – 1pm and Wednesday: 6 pm – 9:30 pm
- Immediate start
Please submit your cover letter, salary expectations and resume to:
Bishop Jenny Andison
Lead Minister (Rector)
St. Paul’s Bloor Street Anglican Church
227 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 1C8
Or HR@stpaulsbloor.org (If applying via email, please put “Youth Ministry Assistant” in the subject line)
No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed as received. We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 9383 ]