Newmarket, Ontario , L3Y 7B7
The Worship Leader is responsible for equipping and supporting teams and team leaders in the planning, coordinating, and executing of public worship in a way that is consistent with the vision, values, and mission of New City Church.
A faithful Worship Leader magnifies the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit by skillfully combining God’s Word with music, thereby motivating the gathered church to proclaim the gospel, to cherish God’s presence, and to live for God’s glory.
Specific Tasks Include
- Working with the session to promote, select, and sing songs that are theologically and musically rich, while remaining singable and accessible for the congregation
- Mentoring and equipping current music team members in musical proficiency and growing alignment with the goals, mission and values of the music team
- Identifying and developing new members of the team
- Planning of services including special services during seasons such as Christmas and Easter. This planning could also include working with those who do bulletin design, as well as other special service components the Pastor and Worship Leader deem appropriate.
- Committing to work on his/her craft through practising and listening to appropriate worship music, participation in conferences or workshops, and occasional attendance at other services.
- Administration – cataloguing CCLI
The worship leader must be someone who:
- Loves Jesus and desires to serve Him faithfully
- Exhibits humility, teachability, and Godly character
- Demonstrates leadership skill in developing and building team
- Demonstrates musical skill (including voice and piano and/or guitar)
- Desires and is able to equip others
- Agrees with and promotes New City’s vision to love and lead people to follow Jesus
Reports to: Senior Pastor
15 hours per week, including Sundays
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 9384 ]