Young Life Development Pastor
Young Life Development Pastor
Markham, Ontario , L3R 0V5
Markham Christian Community Church (MCCC) is seeking a highly motivated, theologically sound individual for the position of Young Life Development (YLD) Pastor. The YLD is a project currently in development. It will be composed of children’s and youth ministries. The successful candidate will begin working at Markham Christian Community Church in July 2022 or later.
MCCC is located in Markham, Ontario, Canada. As a member of the Association of Christian Evangelical Ministries (ACEM; www.acem.ca), it had approximately 200 congregants before COVID-19. MCCC is a seeker-friendly sensitive church. The mission of the church is to proclaim Christ, and in all wisdom to admonish and instruct everyone, regardless of their age, race, or cultural background, so that everyone may fully mature in Christ (Col. 1:28).
MCCC is primarily made up of immigrants from Hong Kong, as well as their children who speak mainly English. Additionally, there is a Mandarin congregation with about 40 congregants.
MCCC believes that the Holy Bible (66 books comprising the Old Testament and New Testament) is the sole basis of faith and that the Bible was verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Bible was written without errors in the original manuscripts, and it is the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
At present, there are approximately 80 youngsters involved in the children's and youth ministries. Both ministries are currently part of the English Congregation. The future plan is to form a new congregation, called the Young Life Development (YLD). In the development of the congregation of the YLD, there will be a separation from that of the English Congregation, however, they will remain closely linked. The YLD will focus on the development of children and youth, while the English congregation will focus on adults.
As MCCC is in a transition period, we are seeking a candidate for a one-year contract, which may be extended based on performance.
- Developing the congregation of the YLD under the supervision of the lead pastor.
- Initial involvement in the children's ministry of the YLD; as the congregation of the YLD gradually grows, involvement in the youth ministry is also scheduled.
- The full scope of duties and responsibilities for this position will be described in a detailed job description that will be provided to the successful candidate at the time of hire.
- Must have a growing, vivid, and personal faith in Jesus Christ and affirm the Tenets of Faith of ACEM.
- It is required that the candidate has recently graduated (within one year) from an accredited and recognized theological institution in North America with a Master of Divinity degree.
- Language proficiency in English and Cantonese is required; Mandarin is not required but preferred.
- Integrity, ethics, and quality.
- Effective leadership skills, teamwork, and communication.
- Accountability and flexibility.
- Effective time management.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Innovating and being creative.
- Technically savvy.
- Development and continuous learning.
How to Apply
We invite qualified applicants to forward their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with “YLD Pastor Application” as the subject line.
All applicants are appreciated for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9392 ]