Guelph, Ontario , N1G2T3
This office management role will take leadership in overseeing the administrative processes of Kortright Presbyterian Church (KPC) and ensuring that church operations function efficiently and with accountability. Direct supervision will be provided by the Lead Pastor.
Key tasks include:
- Provide focused, responsive front-line service to visitors, congregants, community users of building on a daily basis, with timely and professional follow up to phone calls, emails, and inperson queries and requests. Connect enquirer where appropriate to relevant staff or resources. Manage the supply and maintenance of office equipment and ensure the payment of bills related to church operations.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the KPC facility, including rental users of the building. Rental management will include maintaining relationships with our current renters, negotiating rental contracts and developing new rental opportunities.
- Act as direct supervisor to the custodian, ensuring hours worked, standards, and payment and also ensuring efficient purchase of supplies for kitchen and cleaning.
- Assist our finance team with ensuring seamless administrative processes related to congregants' giving and implementing additional processes such as giving by e-transfer and planned legacy giving. Assist in developing clear, intentional communication with the congregation about how resources are being used. Review ongoing expenses to ensure proper use of church resources.
- Assist our HR team in supporting the professional development of staff (identifying resources, training opportunities), ensuring annual staff review of policies, and maintaining administrative records.
- Maintain a centralized calendar to enable easy access to logistical information as far as staff and volunteer availability, physical space use, programs, meetings etc.
- Provide administrative support for the annual general meeting, including the production of related materials.
- Provide administrative coordination for the hiring, supervision, and payment of summer students connected with the Onside sports ministry.
- Provide administrative support to ministry staff.
- Coordinate updates to church website and ensure consistency in church branding. Work on updates to church publications including newsletters.
- Assist ministry staff with the recruitment and development of volunteers in the church.
- Additional special projects.
Salary Range, Hours, Additional Benefits:
- This is a permanent position, at 32 hours per week. There may be some hours required outside of regular office hours. We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
- The Royal City Montessori Academy operates at KPC – for those with child care needs in the appropriate age range, finding space within the program may be possible should this be a desired option for the successful applicant.
- This role requires a high degree of organizational efficiency with an ability to prioritize tasks and provide detailed, timely follow up to ensure that administrative systems are working well and being used consistently. Previous experience in a key administrative role is essential. Proficiency with computer operations including relevant database/software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc is expected. Experience with desktop publishing and graphic design is desirable.
- Initiative and flexibility are key requirements of this role as KPC seeks to introduce improvements to some administrative systems that are inefficient, and/or ineffective and to create needed systems where none have yet existed. Adapting to changing needs and learning new skills will be vital aspects of this role.
- This role also requires excellent interpersonal skills as the administrative manager will be interacting daily with church staff, volunteers, visitors (including building users, tradespeople, community members, etc) and congregation members and adherents for a variety of purposes. Our ideal candidate will view this role as an opportunity to serve in the mission work of God's people by demonstrating grace, care, and a people-honouring approach in their daily interactions.
- Our chosen candidate will be required to submit a current (last three months) Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 9426 ]