Markham, Ontario , L3P 3J3
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham. the bridge exists to create transformational connections with God, self, the church, and world. We do this together through our gatherings, our groups, our giving and our going. We gather for a renewed and inspired perspective; we group to put this inspired life into practice; we give to produce growth; and we go to perpetuate the goodness of God.
the bridge is looking for a Bookeeper who will help steward and administer the finances of the church. This position reports to the Director of Administration and provides financial support to staff and various church ministries. The Bookkeeper also oversees a team of finance volunteers.
- Act as the first point of contact regarding financial matters
- Processing of all payables, including but not limited to invoices, reimbursements, cheque requests, payroll, HST and other government filings, etc.
- Ensure all weekly income and receivables are processed. i.e. offering, event fees, etc.
- Ensure all financial transactions are recorded in QuickBooks
- Prepare weekly giving reports, as well as ensure weekly giving is processed and recorded in the church database accurately
- Execute monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports for ministries and leadership team
- Prepare for the annual audit and liaise with the auditors as required
- Prepare the year-end financial reports and other financial reports as required
- Help prepare annual tax receipts and giving reports as required
- Help prepare the annual budget and other financial matters as required by the Director, Board or Finance Committee
- Ensure compliance to church policies and procedures, CRA guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the financial matters of the church and donour giving
- Work with the Director on the development of financial policies and procedures
- Oversee a team of finance volunteers who prepares offering for counting and deposit
- Assist the Finance Team to process and deposit weekly income as required. This includes accurately inputting donations into the church database
- Help recruit, train and coordinate a team of finance volunteers
- Other Duties:
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Administration or Lead Pastor
- Undergraduate diploma or degree in business, finance or accounting, or have equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, charitable tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated experience working with Excel and databases / CRMs
- Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work independently and problem solve
- Very good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to support and promote the bridge’s beliefs, mission, vision and values
This is a part-time position for approximately 10 to 20 hours per week.
For more information on the bridge, go to www.thebridgemarkham.com. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All applications will be reviewed, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 9448 ]