Hamilton, Ontario , L8S 4K1
Title: Administrative Assistant
Position: Part-time (80% salaried with benefits)
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
About McMaster Divinity College
McMaster Divinity College (MDC) is a Christian graduate school and seminary, located in Hamilton, Ontario. Our mission is to develop effective evangelical Christian leaders for the Church, academy, and society through graduate-level education, spiritual development, and vocational formation.
While located on the campus of McMaster University, MDC is an independent institution. Our students reflect a broad mix of ethnic and national backgrounds, age diversity, denominations, and, of course, both men and women training together for Christian service. We aim to provide training that creates flexible and responsive graduates, ready to serve wherever and however God calls them—serving in pastoral ministry, counselling, chaplaincy, religious education, or in any other number of areas.
The Administrative Assistant will often be the first impression of McMaster Divinity College to the students and visitors who enter our building. In addition to administrative tasks involved with monitoring our front entrance, they will work interdepartmentally assisting with various tasks, projects, and events, focused largely within the Marketing and Communications, and External Relations departments.
- Monitor our main entrance area, welcoming visitors and assisting with basic questions
- Complete COVID-19 screening, in accordance with our vaccination policy and COVID-19 protocols
- Answer phone calls, email inquiries, and schedule meetings
- Help with planning and setup of institutional events and meetings
Marketing and Communications
- Maintain website content and complete a regular audit of information
- Create new initiatives and assist in the development of website improvements
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of the social media strategy, create engaging and relevant content to promote McMaster Divinity College on social media platforms
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and create regular reports
- Assist with ordering and preparing merchandise for sale
- Process donations and update records using database software
- Generate yearend charitable tax receipts and communications with donors
- Assist in the planning of fundraising activities and events
Education & Training
- College diploma or university degree
- Knowledge of appropriate software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficiency in Adobe design software an asset, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PremierePro. On-the-job training is available.
Desired Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate will be in full agreement with McMaster Divinity College’s Statement of Faith and will possess the following qualities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
- Team player attitude with ability to multi-task and be adaptable when balancing priorities
- Creative and innovative
- Tech-savvy and motivated to learn
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Previous experience using Wordpress an asset
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the position title in the Subject line of your email.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 9450 ]