Ajax, Ontario , L1S6B3
Title: Youth Leader
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Detailed Job Description
Safe Haven Community Church (an independent evangelical church based in Ajax Ontario) is seeking a part-time Youth Leader. This individual works in partnership with the Senior Pastor, to direct our Youth Ministry, growing disciples of Christ 12-18 years of age. This person will minister to youth and their families. We seek a spiritually mature, biblical, prayerful Christian gifted in leadership, bringing encouragement and vision for the youth ministry and the church as a whole. This is a part-time, contract position of approximately 15-20 hours per week, with future growth potential to a full-time ministry position.
Ideal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the Youth Ministry and coordinates the training of others to do likewise.
- Engaging and passionate godly example to the youth who brings practical life application to the Scriptures.
- Create and implement an overall youth vision and strategy for the church.
- Coordinate the weekly youth gatherings and work with the local schools for outreach.
- Provides opportunities for youth and their families to be directly involved in missions and ministry.
- Encourages youth to participate in personal worship and praise through preaching, music, and service activities.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the annual youth group calendar.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the youth ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Share the gospel with lost youth/students and lost parents on an ongoing basis, both individually and cooperatively.
- Work with Elders, Staff and volunteers to accomplish our purpose and vision for both within our church and our surrounding community.
First and foremost, we require a Youth Leader who is a devout follower of Jesus Christ, is faithful in the pursuit of God including prayer, study and application of the Word, and is committed to our purpose as a local church including seeing both spiritual and numeric growth. The individual is also a person who draws youth to want to be a part of the youth group and has a passion for leading youth in a relationship with God. This person is willing to humbly work in partnership with the Senior Pastor, Elders and Staff. He or she is a gifted communicator, leader, and has a heart for Christ’s Church. This person works well in a team, is creative, collaborative, organized, warm and outgoing, familiar with and enthusiastic about serving Jesus, and has a heart for the un-churched.
Other Qualifications are as Follows:
- Spiritual growth, evident by practicing the marks of Christian discipleship.
- Aligned with Safe Haven Community Church’s Statement of Faith and doctrinal positions.
- Possesses personality, temperament and interpersonal skills to relate and serve effectively within a multi-generational congregation setting.
- Exhibits evidence of Christian character and servant leadership.
- Demonstrates evidence of a spiritually-balanced life (prayer, Bible study, rest, worship, financial stewardship).
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and personal integrity.
Education and Skills
Quality verbal and written communication skills, with computer proficiency.
The ability and willingness to serve Christ and the Church, faithfully, sacrificially and lovingly.
Ideally a bachelor’s degree or working on one from a Christian college or university aligned with a ministry focused major is preferred.
The Youth Leader is a part-time contract position, estimated at 15-20 hours per week. Hourly rate of pay will be negotiated based on experience etc. This position is available to start immediately.
If you are interested in this position, or are also interested in our children’s director position, please apply to fulfill one or both positions.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 9459 ]