Lay Youth Coordinator
Lay Youth Coordinator
Sarnia, Ontario , N7S2y2
Our Mission: To be a welcoming community, focused on making mature disciples of Jesus Christ, who are committed to bringing Christ’s healing to a hurting world.
Our Vision: To Be a Community of Hope Reaching In ~ Reaching out to Bring Christ’s Healing to a Hurting World
Trinity Church, Sarnia is a community of hope in the Evangelical style and Anglican tradition. We are a multi-generational, welcoming church family that seeks to make mature disciples of Jesus Christ, who are committed to fulfilling the Great Commission of our Lord and to bring Christ’s healing to a hurting world.
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ our Lord
- Experience and education in Christian ministry of any tradition an asset
- Secondary Education Graduate
- Agreement with Trinity Church’s statement of faith, vision, and mission (see website)
- The successful candidate will be required to follow diocesan safe church policies, including a police record check through Xpresschek.
- Ability to legally work in Canada
- Fluent in English
- Relational style of leadership, outreach and ministry
- Ability to motivate people to serve God
- Effective interpersonal skills with youth and young families
- Strong administrative, communication, and leadership skills
- Works well in teams and ability to work independently, a self starter
- Competent in technology and familiar with social media
- Lead and grow the youth programs at Trinity Church
- Recruit, screen, disciple, and sustain a team of volunteer leaders
- Oversee the expenditures of the budget allocated towards the youth ministries
- Teach and preach to youth and leaders in small settings
- Plan and lead children, youth, and young family programs and events
- Communicate will with parents and support them in times of need
- Develop strategies for outreach and discipleship for children, youth, and young families
- Participate in the life of the church
- Attend staff meetings
- Report to and work under the guidance of the Rector (Senior Pastor) and Church Executive
- Perform other duties as required
About the Position
Trinity Anglican Church, Sarnia, Ontario (www.trinitysarnia.org) seeks a YOUTH LEADER, who will work with the Rector to develop and lead Youth programs aimed at nurturing the Christian faith of young people and their families. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, creative, and organized individual. A Christian who has a good understanding of the bible and the church. Trinity Church Sarnia has had a continuing program for Youth and is looking for an individual who can grow this program with strategies to reach out to the community around us through social media communications and by developing programs that will meet the needs of seekers and members. This position will require someone that can work independently, a self-starter and able to work without direct supervision. Skills in program development and volunteer management are required.
The position and salary commensurate with education and experience, with duties as specified in the Job Description, this is a part time contract position covering a 1-year maternity leave. The hours will be at least 15 hours/week on average, Sunday (Especially Sunday Morning) through Saturday with flexible hours to accommodate program and member needs. Please submit a CV and a short Letter (250-500 words) outlining your interest in this position and how your qualifications, experience and faith have prepared you for it. Please indicate “YOUTH Leader Application” in the email subject line to apply.
We invite qualified applicants to apply, in writing to Trinity Church Sarnia, email - email@example.com. 1194 Murphy Road, Sarnia, ON, Canada N7S2Y2 or (519) 542-9261,
Must be eligible to work in Canada - A police Records Check is required from the successful applicant before hiring, as well as 3 references from those chosen for interviews. We thank you for your interest. Please note that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 9485 ]