Family Outreach Worker
Family Outreach Worker
Toronto, Ontario , M4C 4C7
The Church of the Resurrection (COTR) is a historic Anglican church situated on busy Woodbine Ave. in East York, at the bustling heart of the Danforth-Woodbine neighbourhood. Our congregation is mostly local, markedly intergenerational, imperfect yet caring. Everybody is welcome.
Our mission statement, or reason for being, is “To know Christ and make him known”. To bring it to life, we have Core Values to guide us as we seek to live out that simple yet all-encompassing goal. Our Core Values are worship, discipleship, servanthood and generosity. These values are interrelated. As we fulfill one, we are fulfilling others as well. Together, we are trying to live these values individually and collectively.
Church of the Resurrection (COTR) is a dynamic church that has built up a strong core group of families, children and youth. A group of committed leaders offer regular events, activities and Sunday sessions and are keen to develop and grow the work with young people and families. This group, as well as the congregation are willing and able to support the new Family Outreach Worker.
Supervisor’s Title: Incumbent
Purpose of Position
This post will be an exciting opportunity for a practicing Christian who has experience as a family and/or youth worker to:
- Establish neighbourhood outreach work
- Develop work with families within our church and neighbourhood.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in the development and implementation of a Family Outreach strategy.
- To be visionary and instrumental in building relationships between the church and the wider local community including creating missional opportunities. Of particular emphasis would be building relationships between COTR and local community development programs with a focus on youth mental health, as well as developing ways to use our facility and other resources for the greater benefit of our neighbours.
- To help those who come to faith to find their home in the Christian faith community
- To provide leadership to the Sunday School program including recruiting, liaising and supporting teachers, ordering curriculum and other supplies and offering vision and guidance for that ministry
- To regularly share in planning and leading worship, particularly where children and families attend, including the planning of quarterly all-age worship
- To contribute to maintaining an inclusive space of safety and belonging for all.
- To know and adhere to all diocesan and parish policies, particularly the Diocese of Toronto’s Sexual Misconduct and Screening Policies.
- To attend bi-weekly Staff meetings and monthly Leadership Team meetings.
- To conduct all activities associated with this position in a manner consistent with the Parish Mission Statement and Core Values.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Wardens or the Incumbent.
- A person of Christian faith with a demonstrated commitment to integrating their faith into their daily life.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar or related field.
- A university, college or seminary degree would be an asset.
This position receives a starting annual salary of $33,000 with an expectation of 28 hours per week. A benefits package is provided through the Anglican Church of Canada.
The Family Outreach Worker is required to attend on Sundays and at significant community celebrations except when on holiday and is entitled to three weeks of paid holiday each year.
Please send a resume and cover letter to The Wardens at Church of the Resurrection: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 October, 2021.
Church of the Resurrection Core Values
The Church of the Resurrection is a historic Anglican church situated on busy Woodbine Ave. in East York, at the bustling heart of the Danforth-Woodbine neighbourhood. Our congregation is mostly local, markedly intergenerational, imperfect yet caring. Everybody is welcome.
Our mission statement, or reason for being, is “To know Christ and make him known”. To bring it to life, we have Core Values to guide us as we seek to live out that simple yet all-encompassing goal. These values are interrelated. As we fulfill one, we are fulfilling others as well. Together, we are trying to live these values individually and collectively.
More specifically, our core values include:
Worship…Placing God at the Centre
Worship is a fundamental orientation of our life that recognizes God in the highest place and results in both adoration and allegiance. When we live out our other core values and place the God of Scripture at the centre of all that we do individually and communally, we embody a worshipful stance towards our Creator.
Discipleship…Training in the Way of Jesus
We seek to learn for ourselves, to teach one another and to be taught by one another regarding the way of Jesus. Discipleship involves habits and practices that may be unfamiliar or stretching but are also life-changing. Some practices will be unique to the Christian faith, like reading the Bible regularly, while others will be more widely practiced, like eating dinner together or reaching out to people in need. In all of these things, we aim to model our lives after the life of Jesus.
Servanthood…Being a Church of and for our Neighbourhood
We want to be a church community that reflects the many diversities of our neighbourhood and to reach out from where we are rooted. This value moves us to pursue opportunities for engagement with those of every age and stage, in our community and beyond. We do this by wholeheartedly welcoming others into our space, by meeting our neighbours, and like our beautiful community garden, by dreaming up new projects together. As we meet, we strive to reflect God’s heart for our neighbours and our world.
Generosity…Sharing our Resources with Open Hands
As individuals and as a church community, we have been entrusted with many gifts, like time, talent, money, buildings, homes and vehicles. Our goal is to be intentional about caring for one another and to share those resources in a way that reflects our Creator’s generous heart for every one of God’s creatures.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9494 ]