Director of Student & Young Adult Ministries
Director of Student & Young Adult Ministries
Overview of Westheights Community Church
Westheights Community Church is a vibrant, progressive community church located in the west side of the City of Kitchener. The church was planted in the late 1970’s when a group of people with a desire to reach out to a rapidly growing area of the city began meeting. Since then, the Westheights story has been one of growth and innovation as the congregation strives to be a contemporary Anabaptist expression of the Kingdom of God in Kitchener-Waterloo.
Pre-covid our Sunday morning attendance averaged 250 with a contemporary worship style, casual dress and an atmosphere of acceptance. Our desire is to help people develop a faith that transforms heart and mind and can be lived out well in daily life. During the COVID-19 pandemic the majority of our ministry activities, including Sunday services, have pivoted to being online. This fall we have resumed meeting in-person and are livestreaming our service to those who remain at home.
We are searching for a Director of Student & Young Adult Ministries who can provide effective oversight to these ministries with the desire that we would see spiritual growth and participation in God’s mission.
Student Ministry (50%):
- Develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate a ministry program for students in grades 6-12 that is about helping students “find and follow Jesus”, and ultimately participating in what God is doing in the world.
- Recruit, train, supervise and encourage volunteer Student Ministry leaders.
- Develop relationships with students and families outside of programmed events to foster personal relationships and nurture spiritual growth.
- Administer Westheights Protection Plan with respect to student ministries.
Young Adults (30%):
- Develop an approach to regular young adult ministry that works here at Westheights and is in alignment with our strategic plan.
- Recruit, equip, oversee and encourage a leadership team who can help implement the approach to young adult ministry.
- Develop relationships with young adults outside of programmed activities to foster personal relationships and nurture spiritual growth
- Oversee the Westheights “Halloween for Hunger” initiative
- Participate in weekly Team Meetings
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
- Provide financial oversight of ministry budgets that is marked by integrity and stewardship
- Promote and encourage students and young adults to participate in the life of Westheights Community Church outside of age specific programming
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by the fruits of the Spirit
- Personal integrity above reproach, a life-long learner, self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player, flexible
- Passion for seeing students and young adults encounter Jesus and grow as his followers
- Affirmed leadership abilities
- Be in agreement with the Be In Christ Church of Canada Core Values and Articles of Faith and Doctrine
- Willing and able to become a member of Westheights Community Church
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity with or willing to learn Planning Center and G-Suite
- Current Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Terms of Employment
The Director of Student & Young Adult Ministries will be employed by Westheights Community Church, supervised by the Lead Pastor and will be amenable to the leadership of the Be In Christ Church of Canada.
The position requires work on Sundays, Thursday evenings (Sr High) and regular mid-week office hours which will be determined in discussion with the Lead Pastor. The average hours worked each week will fluctuate, but the average will be 30 hours/week.
- This position is permanent, part-time, based on 30 hours per week.
- Benefits Included
- Salary TBD
How to Apply
Westheights Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2021.
Only applicants who are legally permitted to reside and work in Canada will be considered.
Please email a resume, along with a short personal testimony of faith and three personal references, to Josh Mutter (Lead Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate all submissions, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 9502 ]