City Volunteer Co-ordinator
City Volunteer Co-ordinator
Ottawa, Ontario , Remote
Ministry: Connecting Streams
Reports to: Ottawa City Leader
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
Connecting Streams equips and mobilizes the Church to help society’s vulnerable populations know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Through partnerships and teams, we build trusting relationships that foster faith and hope.
To screen and process leaders and volunteers and develop a relationship with staff at facilities or organizations where new teams will be going.
- Fully engage on the staff team in strategic planning and decision making for the city
- Interpersonal Coordination
- Meet with new applicants for an interview and share the CS vision/DNA/expectations with potential volunteers and discern the “fit” with CS
- Liaison/troubleshoot with chaplains and volunteer coordinators in partnering organizations to foster a good working relationship and clear communication
- Work with City Event Coordinator to plan CS 101 events for the city every 2-3 months
- Ensure that volunteer profiles for the city are complete and up to date
- Intentionally pray for volunteers in process regularly
Required Skills & Abilities
- A deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ability to relate well with Churches and other Christian Organizations
- A genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- Skill in leading people spiritually regardless of spiritual context
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use Google Suite or equivalent
- Administrative skills, personally organized, good steward of time
- Self-motivated, team builder, able to work independently
- Education and Experience:
- Experience working with volunteers in a non-profit Christian organization preferred
This position requires Ministry Partner Development where the successful candidate will be required to build a team which provides financial and prayer support for salary and ministry expenses including benefits coverage.
Where the candidate is able to be financially independent, they may volunteer for this position with the expectation that they will serve as associate staff (minimum 25 hours).
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Please visit our website to view ongoing job opportunities at https://p2c.com/opportunities/
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 9503 ]