Philanthropy Coordinator, Major Gifts
Philanthropy Coordinator, Major Gifts
Toronto, Ontario , M5A 2G7
The Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation. If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
We are seeking a full-time Philanthropy Coordinator to support our Major Gifts Team as we work to achieve our ambitious goal to end chronic poverty in Toronto in one generation. YSM's Philanthropy Coordinator will support the dynamic and talented Major Gifts team and their portfolios, as well as provide administrative assistance to the Philanthropy Department.
You will get to contribute to the planning, implementation, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities to maximize individual, corporate and foundation donor support through various channels, integral to building a robust pipeline of prospects and donors.
- Donor communications and inquiries
- Development of cases for support, proposals, reports and associated materials
- Prospect research activities
- Gift administration and database management
- Administration of projects
- Philanthropy-wide initiatives
Through exceptional attention to detail, a dedication to powerful communications and competent management of multiple priorities, the Philanthropy Coordinator is committed to the ongoing work of YSM.
As a key member of YSM's Major Gifts team, the Philanthropy Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Major Gifts team - VP, Philanthropy; Director, Philanthropic Partnerships; Grant Seeking & Stewardship Specialist; President and CEO.
The successful candidate will develop a keen knowledge of all YSM programs and impacts, and build strong internal relationships within YSM.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Major Gifts team to successfully cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects to meet the fundraising goals
- Ensure smooth day-to-day implementation of stewardship initiatives through close collaboration and coordination with others in the Philanthropy department
- Organize and coordinate activities such as meetings, tours, lunches and other events pertaining to major giving, campaign and associated donor stewardship plans
- Provide administrative assistance to the VP, Philanthropy and Director, Philanthropic Partnerships pertaining to donor call scheduling and booking
- Act as first point of contact for Philanthropy-related inquiries, and redirect as appropriate
- Prepare and distribute reports and presentation materials using various software tools for word processing, spreadsheets, database management including but not exclusive to: Microsoft Word, Excel, Raiser’s Edge, and PowerPoint.
- Prepare professional, timely correspondence, gift agreements and acknowledgements, reports, pledge reminders, invitations and other communications
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a proposal library
- Regularly update and maintain the prospect module, donor records, and prospect lists in our donor database, Raiser’s Edge (RE), and prepare weekly pipeline and activity reports
- Support donor and prospect research activities and clearance processes
- Collate and extract donor record information from RE upon request
- Estate and Stock Gift Administration
- Administer Special Purpose fundraising projects, ensuring regular communications with project teams, timely collection of statistical data and needed information for reports and financial accountability
Administrative Assistance to the Philanthropy Department
- Provide assistance in processing and mailing Major Gifts and Campaign thank you/acknowledgment letters
- Support key stewardship mailings to higher yield annual donors
- Coordinate / participate in information sharing pertaining to participating groups / prospects for programs which engage both major and annual giving supporters in service projects at YSM
- Participate in and help to advance Philanthropy-wide initiatives
- Working closely with the Operations Team, perform key data management functions– assigning solicitors, capturing contact and relationship information, for core groups of donors such as churches, mid-level and major donors and prospects
- Post-secondary education in a related field – college minimum, university preferred - or a combination of comparable skills and experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a fundraising environment
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications - Microsoft Office, Excel; PowerPoint, email and internet applications
- Previous experience working with databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge) is an asset
- Superior interpersonal skills and very strong person-to-person relationship-building skills
- Exemplary attention to detail with excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy, sound judgment, and superior customer service
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team, as well as work independently using an above average level of initiative
- Exercises tact and diplomacy, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- An excellent listener, resilient and adaptable, ready to roll up sleeves
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of YSM
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
Deadline for Application: October 31, 2021
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Posted Date: October 4, 2021
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 9506 ]