Toronto, Ontario , M4J3R9
Link Charity Canada is seeking a Financial Coordinator;
Link Charity Canada (Link) is a registered charity providing valuable service operating as a "link" between donors and their charities. Link offers service, tools, education, and guidance in gift planning for individuals.
Currently over 45 Christian Ministries use Link Charity to secure the future of their cause by optimizing the legacy gift potential available within their constituency and key stakeholders.
Link Charity Canada is seeking a highly organized and financial-minded individual passionate about the charitable sector who will manage the financial reporting of the organization, and support the work of the Investment Committee.
This position will support the existing administrative staff, will report to the Operations Manager and assist the work of the Investment Committee.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring the effective and efficient financial and administrative systems of a Registered Federal Charity.
- Develop procedures to enable the financial statements to be completed with ease and accuracy.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to support the CEO, Investment Committee and Board to enable fulfilment of their respective duties.
- To manage month-end financial checklists.
- Perform duties in an environment where security, integrity and privacy of donor data is integral.
The Successful Candidate will have the Following Experiences, Strengths and Competencies:
- Experience working in the Charitable Sector is an asset.
- Is technically savvy and ready to consider the use of technology for work processes and systems.
- Experience and or education in accounting with an aptitude or knowledge of investment activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrated effective verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge working with Simply Accounting and or other accounting software.
- Understanding of the process of buying and selling of large volume equity investments would be an added asset.
- Accounting skills or experience would be beneficial as the successful candidate will undertake the monthly accounting activity for financial statements.
Location: The Financial Coordinator will be based in our office currently located at 101-334 Donlands Ave Toronto, Ontario.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Rob Ennema, CEO - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the receipt of a current, clear Police Records Check.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 9507 ]