Minister of Music
Minister of Music
Regina, Saskatchewan , S4P 0S4
First Baptist Church, Regina is currently seeking a full time, permanent Minister of Music to build up and encourage the musical gifts of the congregation for worship, relationship, discipleship, and ministry, and to encourage and minister to the neighbourhood and the music community.
Reports to Lead Pastor.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Suggested starting date is January 2022. Other starting date options are negotiable.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Have good devotional habits and strong Christian faith
- Have personal warmth and enjoy people of all ages and backgrounds
- Have a contagious enthusiasm for music
- Appreciate a broad range of Christian music and be familiar with contemporary songs and traditional hymns
- Enjoy researching resources for worship across church traditions and cultures
- Understand “liturgical” style church services
- Have cheerful interpersonal and collaboration skills and be a good communicator
- Be happy to participate in the life of the church
Areas of Accountability/Responsibility
- Treat, and encourage others to treat, all our activity as a means of worship, relationship, discipleship, and ministry.
- Music leadership on Sunday mornings and special services:
- Seek to build up and encourage the musical gifts of the congregation and community
- Leading as desired or as necessary
- Ensure musicians and vocalists are organized and prepared
- Confer with whomever is preaching on choice of songs, ensuring the music and other worship elements are appropriate for sermon theme and the church calendar
- Arrange for other special music: prelude, postlude, offeratory, guest musicians
- Arrange musicians for evening services, weddings, funerals.
- Provide Pastoral care
- Administrative tasks: copyright license reporting, A/V team oversight, other.
- Church choir (Covid dependant): Leading, planning, rehearsing, recruiting inside and outside the church
- Outreach: Seasonal Concerts
- Staff and committee meetings
- Post-Secondary degree in Music and/or Music Education
- Theological training - Bible school diploma, Seminary degree/diploma
- Comfortable reading from a score or a simple chord progression
- Ability on one or more instruments - piano, guitar, organ……
- Experience in choral conducting an asset
- Experience recruiting volunteers an asset
- Connections within the broader music community an asset
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
About First Baptist Regina and Music
- A congregation that averages 150 in attendance weekly.
- Liturgical worship service with an emphasis on scripture, prayer, and music
- Worship has included our Pipe organ, grand piano, and choir (pre-covid)
- Connections to music community, regular guest musicians
- Legacy of encouraging young people in music
- Have held two well-attended, seasonal concerts annually for several decades
- A large library of sacred choral music and an extensive archive of recorded music
- Warm, welcoming congregation with excellent adult Christian education, a growing child and youth program, and legacy of local and overseas involvement
- Historic sanctuary in Regina’s downtown
- Part of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada
Expression of Interest
If you believe you could serve our church community in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Visit our website at firstbaptistregina.ca
Questions can be directed to our email address, or by calling the church at 306-359-1450.
Competitive remuneration and benefits package negotiable.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 9515 ]