Associate Mandarin Pastor
Associate Mandarin Pastor
Ottawa, Ontario , K2V 1C5
Ottawa Mandarin Wesleyan Church is Seeking an Associate Mandarin Speaking Pastor!
Ottawa Mandarin Wesleyan Church (OMWC) is an evangelical Christian church that upholds the truths of the Bible and proclaims the salvation of Jesus Christ. Located in Kanata–known as the Northern Silicon Valley, due to the development of high technology–it has attracted many high-tech professionals, and many new immigrants of Chinese origin.
OMWC shoulders this mission: worship the true God, spread the gospel, edify believers, build fellowship, and serve the community. We seek a Mandarin speaking preacher who shares our mission and vision.
The pastor of Ottawa Mandarin Wesleyan Church will be responsible for: shepherding and leading the development of a comprehensive ministry; cultivating the congregation to become disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ; coordinating with other departments of the church; and establishing a strong church family.
To be qualified for this position he:
- Must be a Christian who is filled with the Holy Spirit and believes the Bible is inerrant. His vision and values must be consistent with the Wesleyan denomination.
- Must complete a theology course of the Master of Divinity at an accredited seminary or obtain an equivalent degree.
- Will have a Chinese cultural background and be able to provide pastoral counseling.
- Must be proficient in Mandarin and English, whether written or communication.
- Will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess legal status to be able to live and work in Canada.
- Will have 3-5 years pastoral experience.
The main duties of the Pastor will be to teach the Word of God and shepherd the adult congregation who speak Mandarin. In addition, the Pastor will develop various aspects of the church including:
- Ministry Vision/Strategy: Develop and implement ministry visions and strategies.
- Curriculum setting: Select, develop and evaluate relevant courses and materials used in the Mandarin Ministry, especially in the areas of Bible teaching, worship, discipleship, ministry, fellowship, and personal evangelism.
- Sunday Sermons: Preach the Word of God every Sunday.
- Co-workers: Appoint, train, coordinate and supervise core teams and co-workers in the Mandarin Ministry.
- Meetings: Represent OMWC at the pastoral staff meeting and Wesleyan Annual Council.
- Pastoral care: Visit with family and friends of OMWC, especially when they are in trouble. Seize the opportunity to spread the gospel and follow up with new friends.
- Budget: Participate in the church's budget planning process, prepare and manage the budget for the current year and the next few years.
- Office hours: Work diligently with flexible office hours.
- Personal growth: Have a teachable heart and continue to equip yourself by participating in joint meetings, seminars, courses, or personal training.
- Assist brothers and sisters to develop a personal relationship with Jesus and lead them to achieve greater spiritual maturity (Ephesians 4:11-13).
- Teach all the scriptures, help brothers and sisters to establish a solid biblical foundation and a correct worldview, with the goal of strengthening their faith and rooting them in the truth, so that they can glorify the name of the Lord in their lives (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- Help the congregation understand their own gifts and ministry positions. Give them opportunities to serve and support their calling in the church body.
- Explicitly show care to the congregation and remember them in prayer.
- Establish a suitable, positive, and lasting relationship with brothers and sisters.
- Work closely with the core team, care for all co-workers, foster a healthy and joyful environment to serve.
G. 拥有3 – 5年牧会经验。
A. 协助兄弟姐妹发展与耶稣的个人关系，引导他们达致灵命更成熟（以弗所书 4:11-13 ）。
B. 教导神全部的训诲，帮助弟兄姊妹建立一个稳固的圣经基础和正确的世界观，以坚定他们的信仰并在真理上扎根为目标，让他们在生活中荣耀主的名。（哥林多前书 10:31 ）
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9518 ]