Full Time Youth Ministries & Outreach Coordinator
Full Time Youth Ministries & Outreach Coordinator
Oshawa, Ontario , L1J 6T6
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
We are an innovative partner, mobilized to share hope wherever there is hardship, building communities that are just and know the love of Jesus.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
- Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
- Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
- Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary
The Youth Ministries & Outreach Coordinator will provide oversight to youth ministries programs and give focused attention to strengthen and grow the programs and attend to the spiritual growth and development of the youth and young adults. In a cooperative team-based environment the incumbent will design and implement a holistic Gospel Centered and relational focused ministry including but not limited to Christian discipleship, leadership development, community outreach and community partnerships.
- Contribute to the spiritual development of youth within the church and community by mentoring, discipling, encouraging, and modeling appropriate attitudes and behaviors
- Cultivate a “spiritual and relational leadership style” with young people, their friends, and their families
- Coordinate and maintain (or when necessary, reimagine) existing programming relevant to the youth of the church and community at large, including worship, fellowship, discipleship, and regular special events. This will include direct leadership of Senior Youth Group, Student ministry and Young Adult ministry
- Conduct and coordinate Bible studies for youth, students, and young adults.
- Work as a key member with the church’s Pastoral Team providing pastoral care and oversight for youth ministries - Jr. & Sr. High
- Develop, organize, and mobilize a comprehensive outreach ministry for our communities, providing regular programs (e.g., organize and facilitate Summer and March Break Day Camps etc.) events that will connect with young people that are not actively connected with any other church and those with our Community & Family Services ministries
- Network with other youth leaders, community youth organizations and schools in Oshawa and Durham Region, as well as the Divisional Office personnel and camping ministries
- Coordinate, promote, support, and participate in Divisional and Territorial youth events
- Create and coordinate evangelistic outreach activities and pastoral care programs (including to parents/guardians of the youth, students and young adults involved in programs)
- Assist in the planning of assimilation strategies and events as required to promote incorporation into the church fellowship
- Pray with and or lead children/youth and family members to faith in Jesus Christ as opportunity permits
- Know and act in accordance with security procedures of the church to ensure the safety and confidentiality of participants and information
- Maintain written records/logs of activities (including activity reports and statistical information)
- Organize and hold fundraising events throughout the year.
- Be willing to make Oshawa Temple your home church, with the understanding that Sunday meetings attendance is an essential part of the ministry responsibility
- Ensure that all duties are completed in accordance with the principles, standards, policies, of The Salvation Army
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Note: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- Completed a post-secondary certificate/ college diploma program i.e., Graduate of a Bible College
- University Biblical Studies - Religious Studies / Ministry / Counselling preferred
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License; personal vehicle and insurance
- Proof of valid Current CPR/First Aid certification, or willing to obtain and maintain current certification
- Minimum of two (2) years of prior related experience working with youth programming, youth leadership; supervisory experience coaching, leading, and motivating volunteers
- Solid grasp and application skills in social media applications (advertising, creating videos etc.)
- Ability to embrace growing technology needs - able to post to social media platforms and aptitude to develop online communications
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness and flexibility
- Innovative - A proven ability to think “outside the box”, methods of outreach, discipleship training and other areas of ministry
- Experience and Understanding of Planning Center https://www.planningcenter.com/ is an asset
- Fundamental Christian Counselling an asset and conflict resolution skills
Successful candidate will be required to provide upon hiring:
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clear internal abuse registry check
- A clean drivers abstract
- Participate in our online Armatus Abuse Training and Health and Safety training required upon hiring, as well as updated annually
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $19.43 - $24.29 per hour
Interested applicants are asked to contact Youth Ministries & Outreach Coordinator by October 26, 2021
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, must advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 9522 ]