Toronto, Ontario , M5T 3M1
The vision of FreeChurch Toronto is to see prodigals come home and Christ-followers formed in a community empowered for the flourishing of our city. The pastor of discipleship and leadership will have their primary focus on “Christ-followers formed” through supporting and developing leaders. The assistant pastor will lead by example in their own spiritual formation, discipleship and leadership.
We invite all applicants to review: https://freechurch.ca/beliefs
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Senior pastor in developing vision, providing resources and seasonal themes for Community Groups
- Regular support and development of FreeChurch leaders involved in discipleship and spiritual formation through one on one meetings and leader meetings where effective leadership will be modelled and developed
- Leaders include:
- Community Group leaders
- Prayer Team leader
- Artist Collective leaders
- Intentional Home leaders
- Collaborate with Sr Pastor in continuing development of Peer Mentorship
- Peer Mentorship are groups of 2-3 people who meet monthly to grow in deeper friendship and encourage each other towards discipleship and spiritual formation.
- Participate in general church ministries such as membership, newcomer integration and baptisms.
- Collaborate with staff to develop seasonal themes and goals
- Sunday preaching once per month as assigned by Sr. Pastor
- Sunday worship participation as assigned by Sr. Pastor
- Leading corporate prayer
- Leading communion
- Weekly meetings with Sr. Pastor
- Weekly staff meetings
- Has a clear calling for pastoral church ministry
- Has experience leading discipleship/small groups
- Has experience in leading roles within church or parachurch organizations
- Bachelor of Theology or other Church Ministry/Leadership formal training or is currently working on a Master’s in a similar field.
- Become a member of FreeChurch Toronto
- Salary: $20-25 per hour
- Health, Dental and Insurance Benefits: after 3 months
- Vacation: 3 weeks per calendar year, 1 additional Sunday off per year
Start date: January 2022
Part-time - 24 hours/week
Please email resume to Jon Osmond email@example.com before November 15, 2021.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9553 ]