Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
Toronto, Ontario , M1V 4V8
Scarborough Chinese Alliance Church (SCAC) is seeking a Senior Pastor to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership for the whole church. The Senior Pastor will lead the pastoral team, elders and lay leaders to seek and follow God’s direction in building a missional community to fulfill the Great Commission.
The Senior Pastor will lead the team of elders and pastors to shepherd the church, preach and teach the Word of God, and provide oversight of all ministries and church life to fulfill our vision to be a Disciple Making Church: We Evangelize, Grow, Equip, and Send out believers to make disciples in their communities. In 2021 our leadership team consists of 17 elders and 12 pastors.
SCAC is a trilingual (English, Cantonese and Mandarin) multigenerational and multi-cultural church with 1300 adults and 200 children. We are a Multi-Site Church has two locations in Scarborough and Richmond Hill. We are a missionary sending and a missional church serving the various ethnic groups in the local community including South Asians, Filipinos, Spanish and Syrians.
- Provide leadership to the board in corporate discerning God’s direction, casting vision for the Church and aligning all ministries with church visions.
- Build a Spirit Empowered Leadership Team by leading, shepherding and mentoring the pastoral staff and elders.
- Provide pastoral care and be example of Shepherding where appropriate.
- Oversee all ministries and church life of SCAC in two campuses and three language groups through working with Congregation and Ministry Pastors and elders.
- Conduct regular evaluation of ministry effectiveness and develop innovative plans for growth with elders and pastors.
- Oversee all congregations’ worships and strengthen all pulpit preaching by building preaching teams in all congregations.
- Provide leadership, supervision and set example to the pastoral team to implement ministry plans and provide pastoral care in alignment with church visions.
- Facilitate staff meetings for prayer, fellowship, and staff development
- Supervise and manage the pastoral team to fulfill their pastoral duties including conducting worship services, baptism, visitations, funerals, weddings, counselling, on-site duties, etc.
- Work closely with Board of Elders on matters of staffing and recruitment matters
- Act as the official representative and spokesman for SCAC in communicating and dealing with ministry partners and outside organizations.
- Mature faith in Jesus Christ, godly character, a strong commitment to deeper life and global mission, and a calling to serve the church.
- A shepherd heart and a passion and vision to evangelism and discipleship; able to mobilize others in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong leadership skills and takes initiative.
- Strong team player to work well with the pastoral and ministry leadership teams.
- Ability to work in a matrix multi-site church organization, managing conflicts, and problem solving.
- Ability to adapt to change, embrace innovation and creativity.
- Good understanding of the challenges and opportunities in a digital world.
- Relational, with good interpersonal skills in team building of volunteers and equipping of leaders.
- Able to meet the requirements for accreditation with the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada. Passionate about Mission. Supports C&MA Visions, Statement of Faith, and Mission.
- Have the gift and passion for preaching and biblical teaching.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a local church or a Christian organization.
- Fluent in Cantonese (written and spoken) and able to communicate in English (written and spoken). Spoken Mandarin is an asset.
How to Apply:
If you are interested to apply for this vacancy, please send your resume to: Pastorsearch@scac.org
For more information please visit our website.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9558 ]