Direct Marketing Specialist
Direct Marketing Specialist
Toronto, Ontario , M5A 2G7
The Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation. If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
We are seeking a full time Direct Marketing Specialist responsible for the implementation and assessment of key areas of the organization’s Annual Giving portfolio, providing seamless program execution and ensuring all channels – including direct mail, digital marketing, e-solicitations, social media and some media relations – are meeting goals and functioning effectively and efficiently, in alignment with YSM’s strategic goals. Reporting to the Director of Development and Marketing,
Our ideal candidate must have an understanding of how to encourage annual supporters, as the foundation of YSM’s philanthropy program, and move them along the donor journey. Critical in the role is the co-ordination of direct response activities, working with our partner agency, as well as members of the Philanthropy team, to ensure strong strategy, comprehensive integration across various channels and activities and on time delivery, ensuring strong fundraising programs, growing revenue generation and solid return on investment. Time and project management skills are key.
- Acts as the day-to-day liaison with our external direct response agency and vendors, to ensure deadlines are met, all materials are appropriate representations of YSM messaging, tone and branding, are approved by stakeholders and executed to reflect best fundraising practices.
- Work in conjunction with our agency partners to support development of strong digital marketing and acquisition appeals, ensuring timely deployment and effective program representation with donor centric messaging and effective calls to action.
- Plan and develop content for YSM’s social media channels, deploying posts to promote YSM’s programs, services and events, and to acknowledge/recognize our supporters and generally engage the public.
- Provide meaningful organizational information that is timely, relevant and accurate, ensuring partners and vendors have the most up-to-date information for use in appeal / collateral development.
- Develop and deploy all fundraising e-appeals via Luminate Online, using established templates, ensuring proper building of associated donation pages and regular performance / impact tracking.
- Identify opportunities to increase fundraising program integration, to improve donor experience and maximize revenue, across direct response channels like direct mail, digital fundraising, e-solicitations, telemarketing and social media.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of direct response campaigns by effectively utilizing reporting tools in Falcon, Luminate Online, Google Analytics, Facebook and / or Raiser’s Edge.
- Collaborate with Manager, Marketing & Communications to identify relevant and compelling stories, for use in direct response initiatives, like direct mail, digital marketing, e-appeals and social media.
- Work closely with direct response agency and YSM’s Operations Manager to outline and request needed data for all direct response appeals.
- Contribute to YSM’s Media Relations, by responding to unsolicited media inquiries and identifying appropriate responses and activating and / or preparing YSM spokespeople, as needed.
- Embody and reflect YSM’s core values of Transformation, Collaboration, Innovation, Accountability, Communication and Celebration and help bring these to life among our staff and for our donors through strong appeals and program representation, message integration and more.
The successful candidate will have the following notable skills, experience and training:
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s Articles of Faith, mission principles and values
- 3 or more years’ experience in a similar fundraising / marketing role, ideally with a non-profit
- University degree or college diploma in direct marketing, communications and / or fundraising
- Superlative written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed time and project management skills, paired with problem-solving ability, resourcefulness and ability to re-prioritize in a fast-paced service-oriented environment
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude with notable attention to detail
- Must have 2 years’ working experience in using CRM software, preferably Raiser’s Edge, and ideally experience using Blackbaud’s Luminate Online
- Strong relationship building abilities
- A growth mindset, love of learning and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- A police check will be required.
Deadline for Application: January 26, 2022
Resume and cover letter should articulate your alignment with the above qualifications, and why YSM’s values, principles of faith and mission uniquely resonate with you.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 9566 ]