Network and Systems Administrator
Network and Systems Administrator
Three Hills, Alberta , T0M2N0
- Hours: Full time
- Wage: To scale with benefits
- Beginning date: As soon as possible
- Contact: Nicolle Ioanidis
- Email: Please submit your CV to email@example.com.
- Phone: 403.443.3030
This position exists to support the mission of Prairie to “train and mentor Christians through biblically integrated post-secondary education” by providing excellent, relevant and primary support in Information and Communication Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
General responsibilities include but are not limited to those noted below. The description may be adjusted according to the experience, skills and passions of the successful applicant.
- Administer Wired and Wireless Networks:
- Wireless: Ruckus/Ubiquiti
- Point-to-point bridge
- Wired: HP Procurve managed switches and router
- Firewall: Fortigate
- Fiber and copper network maintenance and installation
- Administer Windows Servers, Virtual Hosts and SAN
- Veeam Backups
- Active Directory
- Group Policies
- DHCP, DNS, File Server, SCCM
- Maintenance, replacement schedules and long-term strategies
- VOIP phone system
- Maintain system - add/change/remove users and phones
- Helpdesk functions
- Assist Staff and Students with access to network and resources
- Perform maintenance of all computing equipment
- Upgrade or replace desktops, laptops
- Assist in Hyflex classroom technology including Crestron
- Help backup Apple Macbooks
- Creating/maintaining user and group account
- Communicate ICT updates, changes and tips to staff
- Provide general troubleshooting of PCs, Macs and business Applications
- Provide end-user training when necessary
- Google Workspace Administrator
- Email accounts
- Distribution groups
- Manage policies and devices
- Security Systems
- Kantech Fob system
- Security Cameras
- Mission: Knowledge of and enthusiastic commitment to Prairie’s mission, vision, core values, statement of faith, and community covenant.
- Church: Understanding of and commitment to the local church.
- Education: Preference of a post-secondary education in Information and Communication Technology or equivalent work experience considered
- Prefer CCNA or equivalent
- Prefer MCSA,MCSE or equivalent
- Experience: Significant experience in ICT work.
- English Language: Strong written and oral communication skills
- Character: Observable and contagious love for God, highly self-motivated and directed, maturity of Christian character, team attitude, loyalty to organization and people, missional.
- Relational Competency: Able to communicate clearly and effectively, ability and skill to relate well to others, team player working together with AVL and Copy Centre personnel.
- Skills: Keen attention to detail, proven analytical and problem-solving skills, strong customer service orientation, resiliency with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines, willingness for improvement in skills.
Reports to the Managing Director, Information & Communication Technology.
In accordance with the standards of the government, preference will be given to qualified applicants who hold Canadian citizenship or are a permanent residence of Canada.
Prairie’s goal is to complete as soon as a qualified applicant is found. However, applications will be received until the position has been filled by a qualified person.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 9598 ]