Vankleek Hill, Ontario , K0B1R0
Vankleek Hill Baptist Church is seeking a full time pastor to be a Shepherd and a Preacher who can plainly convey the gospel as relevant, applicable and encouraging. Additionally, this visionary leader would be a mature believer who is able to model and teach Godliness and Christian commitment while equipping the congregation for service. The pastor/elder will work with a plurality of elders to carry out the work of ministering to the body and reaching out to the surrounding community.
Overview of the Church and Community
Established in 1883 Vankleek Hill Baptist Church is situated in the town of Vankleek Hill which has a population of approximately 2000 people. Our church ministry area includes the neighbouring city of Hawkesbury and surrounding area. Vankleek Hill is a 60 minute drive from Ottawa, Montreal and Cornwall and many commute to these areas for work. We are a cross cultural church family with many who speak both English and French. Our services are conducted in English. At the present time our congregation is comprised of people of all ages and has a Sunday morning attendance of 50-60. Our families come from diverse church backgrounds to worship the Lord together and learn from his Word. Our services are a mix of traditional and contemporary worship with a time of prayer, scripture reading and preaching. Besides our Sunday morning service we have a variety of ongoing ministries including Junior Church and Nursery, several Community Groups, and we are in the process of restarting a small youth program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To preach and teach the Word of God.
- To be a shepherd for our congregation.
- To disciple people to a greater maturity in Christ.
- To pray for our church and community.
- To visit those in the church and or community as needs and opportunities arise.
- To work with the elder(s) and deacons to provide leadership to the congregation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor of theology or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Will adhere and subscribe to the Statement of Faith ( See church web site at https://vkhbc.com/)
- Able to communicate the doctrines of grace through relevant expository
- Biblically based preaching.
- Good communicator who can relate and engage various age groups within the church and the outside community (Interpersonal skills)
- A man of prayer and moral integrity who leads his home according to the Word of God.
- Team player
- Has the ability to develop and implement vision within a diverse congregational setting.
Process: Please send resume to email@example.com
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9659 ]