Donor Relations Associate
Donor Relations Associate
Grimsby, Ontario , L3M 4H8
For over 50 years, Bible League Canada has been committed to doing missions differently. How? By strategically building extraordinary international partnerships with national ministries in over 40 countries, equipping local believers through Bible-centric discipleship programs to become champions for the Gospel, committed to reaching their own communities with the Living Word of God. Bible League Canada diligently tracks each copy of God’s Word placed, connecting Canadian donor champions with global champions to see maximum impact and multiplying transformation.
Reporting to the Donor Relations Manager, the Donor Relations Associate will play a primary role in the ministry’s telephone strategy as part of our Donor Cultivation framework. This includes contacting identified donors for the purpose of engaging and cultivating their relationship with BLC. In pursuit of service excellence, the incumbent will ensure that every person contacted feels appreciated and that their support is valued and is producing results. The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and interacting with donors effectively and diplomatically.
Specific responsibilities within the above areas include:
Current Donor Caseload Calls
- Cultivate a Donor Caseload (minimum 600 donors) through personal touchpoints including, but not limited to, phone calls, e-mail and other written correspondence.
- Develop new and creative means of relationship building for the purpose of increased ministry.
- Input all activities with donors into database.
Thank You Calls
- Thank all donors by phone for gifts received.
- Provide written correspondence when needed.
Lapsed Donor Calls
- Re-engage donors who have not given in the past 12 -18 months through a variety of personal touchpoints (i.e. phone, prayer, written correspondence, etc.)
- Provide back up for team members as needed.
*Additional responsibilities may be added in consultation with and at the discretion of your manager.
- High School diploma required; some College level courses appropriate to the position or equivalent experience is a definite asset.
- Sales and relational customer service training are a definite asset.
- 1-2 years of experience and a proven track record in donor cultivation, customer service and/or sales.
- Telecommunication experience is a definite asset.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office (specifically Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Salesforce experience an asset but not essential.
- Proficient in Internet research and search engine skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to “think on one’s feet” and deal with challenging conversations.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to spend extended periods communicating via telephone.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of and a passion for BLC and its work.
- Excellent service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner and work well in a busy environment.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the organization’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
- A love for Bible-based ministry.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
- Absolute commitment to confidentiality.
Here’s why we think you will love joining Bible League Canada:
- Our ministry: All peoples. Everywhere. Transformed by the living Word of God.
- Our culture: Certified as a Best Christian Workplace-Flourishing category by the Best Christian Workplace Institute
- Our team: Supportive, encouraging and positive environment
- Our commitment: Team building, professional development, personal growth
- Our plan: Competitive compensation, RRSP matching, outstanding benefits package, flexible work arrangements
For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume or inquiries to:
Contact Person: Lori-Ann Cunningham
Accommodations in the selection process are available, upon request, for applicants with a disability, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Bible League Canada would like to thank those who have applied; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 9661 ]