Cantonese Worship Pastor
Cantonese Worship Pastor
Richmond Hill, Ontario , L4C 9X9
Richmond Hill Christian Community Church (RHCCC) is a Purpose-Driven church to carry out the five purposes of the New Testament Church: Worship, Fellowship, Discipleship, Ministry, and Mission. We are a multi-cultural, multi-generational, and multilingual evangelical church which ministers in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
To learn more about RHCCC, visit rhccc.ca.
This position reports to both Cantonese People Lead and Purpose Pastor Lead. Though mainly focusing on developing ministries within the language ministry one belongs to, this role carries the expectation to work with congregants from other language ministries.
- Spiritual disciple and spiritual maturity.
- Strong interpersonal skills, to be a good communicator and a problem solver.
- Characteristics: Integrity, teamwork, positive influence, developing leaders and capable of being visionary and pioneering.
- To be able to speak and write Cantonese, English; to speak Mandarin is an asset.
- Have passion to work with people of all ages.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- MDiv. from Accredited Seminary or equivalent.
- Master Level or above in worship studies would be an asset.
- At least 3 years’ worship ministry experience working with churches.
- Experience leading larger crowd in worship, demonstrated creative programming, and desire to develop a volunteer team is preferred
- Knowledge on Traditional and Contemporary praises and hymns.
- Must be organized and effective in communication with volunteers and other church staff
- Knowledge of using Planning Center to input order of worship and song selection
- Ability to arrange music and play musical instruments.
- Knowledge of Audio/Visual (AV) equipment would be an asset.
- Ability to make decisions and take quick action in a caring manner
- Flexible approach to changing priorities and duties
Duties and Responsibilities
- To help people to live out a purpose-driven (PD) life following the Intentional Discipleship Pathway (IDP).
- To work collaboratively with the worship ministry leaders to: lead and develop creative services relevant to the target culture/community including songs selection, creative direction, and all experiential elements (audio, video, lighting, testimonies, etc.)
- To embrace team effort and to empower and grow leaders and volunteers to serve
- To facilitate collaboration and partnership among different Purpose teams, i.e. Evangelism, Fellowship, Discipleship and Mission
- To organize and coordinate weekly worship services and special events
- To communicate effectively with church staff, leaders, and congregation
- To design and to arrange music for special worship programs
- To shepherd the spiritual growth and provide pastoral care to worship ministry teams
- To be able to assist administrative and general pastoral duties (i.e. baptism, holy communion, teaching, preaching, funeral, wedding and visitation)
- To supervise the Cantonese Worship program lead
Regular office hours, evening, and weekend duty.
Direct reports to this position: Cantonese Worship Program Lead
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 9678 ]