Otterburne, Manitoba , R0A1G0
For nearly a century, Providence has been a Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition that teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service. Our vision is to become a leading Canadian Christ-centred university that transforms students into leaders of knowledge, character, and faith to serve Christ in a changing world.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Graphic Designer is a creative individual who is part of the Marketing and Communications team, promoting and leveraging Providence through its various media. This position manages the design of on-brand, conceptual graphics for web, print, social and events. We are looking for a resourceful and innovative mind positioned to keep up with ever-changing technology and media standards. Experience in photography and video production is not required but would be a welcome asset.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and care for the institutional visual identity (logo, colours, font) and merchandise
- Be an advocate for consistent and cohesive design across departments
- Encourage good design thinking, brand experience, and design-driven storytelling in marketing projects and campaigns
- Work alongside of a team to establish clear and concise brand messaging including brand voice, tone, and personality
- Design print materials including institutional magazines, brochures, viewbooks, program guides, advertisements, signage, posters, invite cards, etc.
- Send print ready files to printers when required
- Provide design management for outsourced projects
- Design digital graphics for web, email, social, print and advertising campaigns
- Upload digital graphics, publications, photos and video to the website as needed
Social Media & Analytics
- Plan and manage social media, alongside of the Director of Marketing (DofM), for institutional accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Collaborate with DofM and various departments when creating content and design for paid advertising campaigns on applicable social media ad platforms (i.e., Google Ads, Facebook & Instagram)
- Train and coach internal staff and faculty on social media protocols and management
- Provide analytics when requested for social media advertising campaigns, virtual events, website monitoring, etc.
- Take photos of events, classrooms, merchandise, campus, facilities, etc.
- Keep an up-to-date archive of staff/faculty headshots
- Plan and execute photoshoots for campaigns and publications as needed
- Film, edit, brand and upload video content for various institutional marketing projects
- Collaborate, plan, and develop video content, alongside of DofM and/or a larger team
- Manage the Providence YouTube channel
- To be in good standing with a local church
- To have an enthusiastic personal faith commitment
- To demonstrate a commitment to Christian higher education and to Christian ministry
- To affirm and uphold Providence’s Statement of Faith and Covenant of Community Life as outlined in the Staff Handbook and on prov.ca
Education & Qualifications
- One year College or Technical School Certificate in Graphic Design required
- Two years Technical School Diploma in Graphic Design preferred
- Minimum two years of graphic design experience preferred
- A portfolio of previous design work is required
- Proficiency in MSOffice 365
- Good knowledge of visual media software and programs, including Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Media Encoder, etc.) is required
- Experience and expertise in working on social media platforms
- Photography experience is a definite asset
- Videography and video editing experience is an asset, but not required
- Knowledge of DSLR cameras, audio recorders, teleprompter is an asset, but not required
- Innovative thinker/visionary: Able to translate strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Solution minded: Able to give full attention to what other people are saying and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Initiative: Demonstrate a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Communication: Have excellent interpersonal communication; able to interact with students, faculty, staff and constituents, internal and external clients, as well as external suppliers and vendors
- Dependability: Fulfil obligations; be reliable, responsible, and dependable
- Attention to Detail: Be attentive to the small details and thorough in completing work tasks
- Creativity: Able to think creatively and imaginatively when tackling projects; be resourceful
- Multi-tasking: Able to work on multiple assignments with minimal supervision while achieving targets
- Time Management and Organization Skills: Able to prioritize tasks and projects; organize/archive design files and media
- To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to:
Kathryn Mulolani, Director of Marketing
c/o Marlin Reimer, Human Resources Manager
- This is a full-time position for a one-year term. Flexible work arrangements can be negotiated.
- Targeted start date for position: January 2022
- Consideration of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 9703 ]