Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 2Y1
Ministry Support: Finance
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Part-time: 25 hours
Our Vision: Growing deep in Christ. Reaching wide in mission.
First Alliance Church is a mid-sized church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance located in the heart of Scarborough, one of Toronto’s most ethnically diverse communities. We are looking for a team-oriented bookkeeper who knows Jesus and is growing in their faith. A successful candidate would be able to provide financial tracking and oversight as we press into our mission of growing deep in Christ & reaching wide in mission.
Key Competencies & Responsibilities:
- Completes all financial accounting and bookkeeping functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Prepares and issues donation receipts for Income Tax purposes.
- Maintains and updates all donor information.
- Counts and prepares the weekly contribution deposit.
- Maintains records of financial transactions through our accounting software/system.
- Maintains various funds by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions. Balances the funds by reconciling entries.
- Prepares financial reports when required for the Board of Elders and the Executive Pastor.
- Maintains payroll system and filing related reports. Ensures organization complies with federal, and provincial legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Conducts daily banking activities.
- Works with the lead administrator by ordering supplies, overseeing the photocopier, connecting with congregants, and telephone management.
- Works well on a team and is skilled in analysis and problem solving.
- Education and training in accounting, finance.
- Experience in financial management.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Excel expertise; Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A successful candidate will be required to make the following commitments:
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 9710 ]