Donor Relations Officer, Mid-Level Gifts
Donor Relations Officer, Mid-Level Gifts
Ancaster, Ontario , L9K 1J4
For nearly 40 years, Redeemer University has stood out across Canada for its commitment to a Christian undergraduate liberal arts and sciences education that develops the whole person. Rooted in a Reformed Biblical worldview, and including a diverse community representing over 50 Christian denominations, Redeemer seeks to answer the fundamental questions about where we fit into God’s story while it prepares students to engage in society’s biggest challenges. A rigorous academic program with an interdisciplinary core is supported by a vibrant community characterized by caring discipleship. The result is an enriching and transformational educational experience integrating faith, learning and service.
Redeemer offers 34 majors and streams that lead to either a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Business Administration degree. Redeemer currently serves over 1000 students and its faculty are engaged in teaching, service to the community, and research, some of which is supported in part by the Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), the Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), and other funding agencies and donors.
A privately funded and publicly chartered institution, Redeemer offers excellent Christ-centred undergraduate teaching, strong investments in research, rich student-faculty interaction, and unique opportunities for experiential and holistic learning. As a member of Universities Canada, Redeemer produces graduates who are accepted into graduate programs across the continent and beyond. In recent national surveys, Redeemer students have ranked the school as one of the top universities in Canada for overall student satisfaction, especially for providing a nurturing and challenging academic environment along with its warm on-campus community.
Located on a beautiful 86-acre campus in Hamilton, Ontario, Redeemer operates under a charter from the Government of Ontario and is a member of Universities Canada (UC), the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), and the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC).
Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations, the Donor Relations Officer secures financial support and goodwill for the University by developing and managing a portfolio of relationships with qualified donors in order to secure financial resources in support of the strategic vision and mission of the University as well as further engaging and potentially uplifting giving levels.
- Create a strategy for a mid-level caseload with regular touchpoints that include appropriate cultivation, possible solicitation and stewardship.
- Seek ways to further engage existing donors to inspire deeper levels of engagement resulting in the movement of donors to potential major gift levels.
- Manage stewardship relations for the Student Awards program by coordinating invoices and impact reports for donors who have established both annual and endowed scholarships.
- Manage stewardship relations with Christian Reformed Churches (CRC) that support Redeemer in collaboration with Strategic Relations.
- Document activity in CRM software to ensure data integrity.
Preferred Skills and Attributes
- High level communication skills and ability to engage with creativity and intuition
- 3 years of fundraising experience in a not-for-profit setting and a demonstrated history of cultivation and stewardship of donors.
- Thorough understanding of donor life cycle and principles (discovery, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship).
- Commitment to representing Redeemer with enthusiasm, warmth, and professionalism.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Crucial conversations or other communications training is an asset.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills required; strong familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or customer relationship management (CRM) systems and procedures an asset.
- Understanding of, and commitment to Redeemer University (mission, values, and Reformed Christian identity)
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in a related field, and CFRE certification (or working towards designation), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position Reports to: Director, Donor Relations
Submit Applications to: HR@redeemer.ca (please quote Position Title in Subject line)
Expiry Date: Applications will be reviewed upon submission in an effort to expedite the hiring process. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
Applicants are requested to email their application materials (cover letter, resume, and statement of faith) in one combined pdf document. The statement of faith should articulate your faith perspective and its relation to the mission of Redeemer University. A range of qualifications are evaluated including distinguishing characteristics that demonstrate congruence with our identity as a university in the Protestant and Reformed Christian tradition. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 9716 ]