English Communications Coordinator
English Communications Coordinator
Markham, Ontario , L3R5A2
The Toronto Christian Community Church is a dynamic tri-congregational (Cantonese, English, and Mandarin) church with a 40+ year history with a combined Sunday morning worship attendance of over 1200. The English congregation is a predominantly 1st-2nd generation Canadian-Asian background congregation of ~300. The vision for the TCCC English congregation is to be a Christ-Centred, Community of Compassion. TCCC owns and operates 105 Gibson Centre as an outreach and compassionate arm of the church into the community. TCCC is a member church of the Association of Christian Evangelical Ministries.
The main mandate of the English Communications Coordinator is to serve as the link among the English ministry’s pastoral team, deacons, and the congregation. The vision for the role is to engage the congregation and the community beyond Sundays. We need someone who can create, build, and execute a digital media strategy for the English ministry from week to week. This person will need to be an individual who can listen to, empathize, and communicate with individuals and families from all age groups (teens to 65+) and across different life stages (students, young professionals, families, and retirees).
The English Communications Coordinator would be responsible for and oversee the English Congregation's diverse graphic design needs, collaborate with the English Pastoral Team to develop and implement communication strategies with a pastoral voice for initiatives and goals for the various events and gatherings to ensure clarity in process and promotion of the activities that are happening. Innovating possible new areas of communication, along with other administrative and logistics support for the English Ministry.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Create and execute visual presentations for TCCC English for both print and web.
- Participate in weekly planning meetings and help creatively plan communications strategies and processes with English pastoral team.
- Collaborate with ministry leaders, creative team and pastors to conceptualize campaigns and event promotions.
- Create sermon series support for website and screens at weekend services
- Create and build a sustainable, long range social media strategy to increase engagement with congregation members throughout the week outside of Sunday.
- Create handbooks, handouts, postcards, signage, infographics and other print material as needed.
- Manage TCCC English's online presence through our newcomer-facing website (http://en.tccc.ca/), congregation-facing website (http://info.tccc.ca/) and social media, including Instagram & Facebook.
- Assist the worship pastor on Sunday in-person and online worship gatherings, including the Sunday bulletin, the Sunday online worship gathering page, and verbal & visual announcements
- Administer the English congregation membership & ministry database via Planning Centre Online (PCO) and Airtable
- Taking ownership of ministry administration, such as bookings for our Zoom and Whereby accounts and creating event registration and forms for ministries and events on PCO
- Maintain the team’s stack of digital tools, including Google Docs, Google calendar, Slack, Google Drive, and Notion
- Oversee the media resources of the English congregation (Images, Videos, Designs, etc.)
- Establish and develop membership resources and regular communications to strengthen the relationship between leaders and members.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent is an asset
- Proficient with basic design tools like Canva, or more advanced tools like the Adobe Suite
- Experience with a church environment and a mixture of both volunteer and paid staff.
- Online writing or copywriting
- Digital Marketing
- Strong organizational skills and scalable communications system experience
- Content creation and production experience
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve the church and community. A firm commitment and agreement to TCCC’s vision and Tenets of Faith.
Thank you for your interest in joining TCCC. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications received, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 9730 ]