Markham, Ontario , L6C 1H8
The Cantonese Pastor works within a team setting to equip the Cantonese congregation of diverse age groups.
Overview of Church and Community (recommended)
Currently, the church has a team of 10 pastoral staff and about 1000 congregants across four Divisions: English (~150+ people), Mandarin (~200 people), Cantonese (~500 people) and Young Life Division (~150 people).
The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 25 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with church leaders to recruit, train, coach and support ministry leaders.
- Suggest and implement new initiatives for building stronger Christian families.
- Provide support, visitation and pastoral counseling to leaders and members as needed.
- Contribute within a team setting to the development of the Cantonese Division and the entire church
- Be involved in preaching, teaching and prayer ministries as well as general pastoral duties
- Serve as mentor to the assigned Small Groups, shepherd Small Group Leaders, visit those groups on a regular basis and offer support and realistic help to them
- Attend church-wide and divisional ministry meetings
- Report ministry progress to Cantonese Lead Pastor and/or Senior Pastor on a regular basis
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
- Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
- 5 years pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture preferred
- Excellent communication skills in Cantonese and English. Knowledge of Mandarin is an asset
- Accredited by or willing to seek accreditation with CBOQ
- Be a team player and cooperate with other Divisional pastors for ministry alignment and church unity
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9770 ]