Join us on May 23, 2023, for our annual Preaching Conference. Focused on the theme “Preaching to Reach the World in Our Neighbourhood,” this one-day conference includes an exciting line-up of speakers and workshops and provides key opportunities for collaboration and discussion.
Markham, Ontario , L6C 1H8
Work within a team setting to shepherd the Mandarin congregation of the church.
Brief church history and Community (recommended)
Currently the church has a team of 10 pastoral staff and about 1000 congregants across four Divisions: English (~150+ people), Mandarin (~200 people), Cantonese (~500 people) and Young Life Division (~150 people).
The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with church leaders to recruit, train, coach and support related ministry leaders.
- Serve as Mentor to the assigned Cell Groups, shepherd Cell Group Leaders, visit those groups on a regular basis and offer support and realistic help to them.
- Assist in the routine operation and development of the Cell Group Shepherding Platform.
- Participate in pulpit ministry, teaching ministry and prayer ministry as designated and/or invited.
- Provide support, visitation and pastoral counseling to related leaders and members as needed.
- Attend meetings of related ministry including Pastoral Staff meeting, Council meeting, Board of Pastors and Deacons meeting, Members meeting, Mandarin Division meeting etc. as required.
- Report on ministry progress on a regular basis to the Mandarin Lead Pastor/Senior Pastor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ.
- Theological education: Graduated from accredited and recognized theological seminaries with qualification of Master of Divinity degree.
- Strong preaching and teaching gifts are preferred.
- Pastoral experience in North America is an asset.
- Speak fluent Mandarin and English. Cantonese is an asset.
- Be a team player to co-work with Mandarin Lead Pastor to nurture and minister the Mandarin congregation and cooperate with other Division Pastors to shepherd the whole Church.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9771 ]