Victoria, British Columbia , V8T 0A2
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of The Cridge Centre for the Family.
The Cridge Centre for the Family, located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia seeks an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join their dynamic team.
You will be responsible for overseeing the general repair and upkeep of The Cridge property, including an 80 unit seniors centre, childcare centre, townhouse units, and several buildings offsite. You will ensure all mechanical systems, furniture and other equipment remain in good working order.
You are highly skilled in various trades and able to provide administrative and program support to ensure smooth and safe operations. You will maintain comprehensive and clear maintenance records, anticipate and fulfill the need for equipment, and maintain and supervise a fleet of vehicles.
You will oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the grounds (7 acres) for all sites either directly or by contract. You will be responsible to manage a budget, contracting out as needed and overseeing the invoicing and billing,
An ability to inspect facilities, prepare work schedules and delegate work, complete tasks in welding, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, appliance repair, mechanical and electronics and read blueprints is required.
Providing excellence in support, housing, education and community, we work together to restore hope and a future to those overcoming the challenges before them.
Act justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly.
- Ensures that all factors related to safety are regularly checked; including elevator, vehicles, fire safety equipment, access to escape routes, condition of pavement, steps, playgrounds, etc. Familiar with appropriate inspection criteria
- Identifies and implements any emergency action required to prevent risk and avoid danger; and informs the CEO of those actions as soon as possible
- Is responsible for the scheduling and carrying out of fire drills and evacuation procedures; and ensuring compliance with procedures/operation of alarms and fire inspections Ensures the security of all buildings against illegal entry including development of procedures and training of staff. Provides work direction/quality control for any work carried out for the Centre by employees, contractors, volunteers and others
- Ensures the safe, hygienic disposal of exterior garbage containers and organics
- Develops standards for outside janitorial workers and ensures compliance
- Responsible for ordering and distributing of cleaning supplies and PPE
- Develops and maintains a Preventative Maintenance and Replacement Program for all furnishings, appliances and equipment. Notifies CEO of lifespan issues of roofs, buildings, major equipment and other capital cost items Develops a Maintenance Program for grounds and gardens Ensures timely communication between Managers and Maintenance staff regarding requisitioned work
- Liaises with WorkSafe and is a member of the Cridge Occupational Health and Safety Committee and participates in Accident Inspection Team
- Responsible for parts distributing logistics
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to function effectively within the Constitution and Bylaws of The Cridge Centre for the Family Society
- Ability to be self motivated and to display initiative
- Ability to be creative and to utilize resources efficiently
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to dangers to clients/children and residents
- Knowledge of current Building Codes
- Proven supervisory and training skills; Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to manage paperwork and documentation and to communicate effectively
- Computer literate, Enterpass system, phone systems
- A mature interest in and understanding of the challenges faced by Cridge clients, residents and children
- Must be physically fit and able to meet the physical demands of the role, including heavy lifting, extensive walking, being on your feet all day, working outdoors in all kinds of weather
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Grade 12 education and a valid tradesman certificate or equivalent combination 8-10 years in general trades
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Class 4 Driver's License (Class 2 must be held or obtained within 3 months of hire) Current First Aid Certificate
- Fire Safety Training an asset
- Comfortable with heights an asset
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Application Deadline: January 21, 2022 or until position is filled
Start Date: February 2022
Location: Victoria, BC
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 9783 ]