Toronto, Ontario , M5S 1H7
Located at the heart of the University of Toronto, Wycliffe College, is a graduate school of theology, which faithfully serves the educational mission of the Christian church by preparing men and women for vocational and lay ministry, through excellence in theological scholarship and spiritual formation.
Wycliffe College is currently seeking to fill the position of Director, Finance. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Finance is responsible for overseeing Wycliffe’s financial operations, financial planning, and budget management. This includes establishing targets, financial analysis, government and affiliation compliance and risk management. The Director is also responsible for ensuring the College’s accounting and reporting processes are effective, efficient and accurate and conform to Canadian accounting standards. This is a high-impact role with opportunity for growth and development.
- Develop and maintain full cycle financial accounting and reporting
- Assist in the development of the annual financial strategy
- Prepare annual budgets, financial statements, management reports, and complete financial analysis accurately and on a timely basis
- Direct the payroll process
- Support senior team including the Principal, Executive Director, Treasurer and oversee all Financial and Accounting matters as well as support the Audit & Finance and Risk Committee of the Board
- Support coordination for the annual audit process and completes tax and other statutory filings to ensure compliance with CRA charitable and tax legislation and other regulatory bodies.
- Oversee cashflow management and planning, including maintenance of banking relationships and accounts, investments and borrowing, as well as all accounts receivable and payable.
- Ensure related operating procedures and financial policies are up-to-date and adhered to; make recommendations toward new policies and practices where necessary; remain current on relevant legislation and accounting guidelines and effectively implement required changes.
- Prepare long-term forecasts in support of strategic planning processes
- Review all accounting reconciliations
- Attend Audit & Finance and Risk Committee Meetings (approximately 5 per year)
- Attend Monthly meetings with Treasurer, Executive Director to review monthly financial statements
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of year end audits
- Review monthly investment portfolio statements and related reporting
- Manage all restricted funds, including bursaries
- Lead the implementation of new accounting software
- Administer employee benefits and benefit vendor relationships
- Attend to queries of casual and full-time staff regarding payroll, tax forms, ROEs and other finance-related requests
- Work with the management team in the creation of financial reports, performance indicators and variance analysis to support financial and operational effectiveness.
- Provide a positive influence throughout the organization by fostering a commitment to teamwork and excellence, contributing to a climate of professionalism, openness, and respect, and exemplifying the Wycliffe College brand and values at all times.
- University degree; CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) designation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related role.
- Software Experience: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), SAGE and other financial platforms.
- Experience with accounting for charities and investment accounting is preferred
- Knowledge of ASNPO reporting requirements
- Strategic management ability and a sincere commitment to the goals and values of the organization
- Well-developed critical thinking skills in order to identify key issues and propose solutions to program setbacks
- Strong organization, planning and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable in dealing with continuing change
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Collaborative team player
- Primarily daytime hours. Availability to attend occasional board or committee meeting in the evenings
- A self-leader, self-motivated with the ability to take responsibility and complete tasks as required.
- Resourceful with an interest in ongoing improvement to processes.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team, to achieve goals within prescribed timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English.)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as well as exercise discretion and sound judgement.
Note: A vulnerable sector police check is required; COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Salary range is $82,000 - $92,000 annually plus benefits and is commensurate with experience.
Application deadline: January 21, 2022. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Thank you in advance for your application. While we appreciate all submissions, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please email your application to email@example.com.
Wycliffe College is committed to employment equity and offers equal opportunities to qualified persons, including visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 9791 ]