FT Store Manager
FT Store Manager
Edmton, Alberta , T5M 1W6
The Board of Mission Thrift Store Edmonton 2 is currently seeking a full-time Manager who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada).
Our national Christian organization currently has 50+ Mission Thrift Stores in operation across Canada. The net revenue from the stores is used to establish literacy programs for adults and children, distribute Bibles and support church planting, by providing training for local champions. All of these projects are carried on in various countries throughout the world. Our stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers, who are devoted to sending their funds to the Joint Ministry held by the BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada.
Our ideal candidate has many of the following God given talents and gifts. This person would be able to train, motivate and lead volunteers to use their gifts effectively and in a positive way, in order to grow the spiritual and economic efforts of the Edmonton 2 Store. The Store Manager needs to be vibrant, social, and passionate about implementing new ideas, while maintaining an entrepreneurial spirit. The right candidate must understand the needs and wants of a thrift store customer and deliver honest customer service, understand inventory control through sales, be environmentally conscious, and know current health and safety regulations. The Manager must be able to delegate tasks, resolve team/department issues, understand financial management, and follow the spending procedures as set out by the board.
Tentative start date is March 1, 2022.
- You are an active follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation’s Statement of Faith, Lifestyle and Morality Policy.
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray with people who work or volunteer for Mission Thrift Stores. This may include but is not limited to opening in prayer at Mission Thrift Store Board and/or Staff Meetings, Mission Thrift Store events, BFM Foundation (Canada) Annual Conference.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands retail sales, leadership and management principles, as they relate to not-for-profit organizations.
- Knowledgeable in the area of federal and provincial legislation applicable to not-for-profit organizations including employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, etc.
- Experience in human resources management.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google drive.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
Management experience in a retail setting, and experience in the not-for-profit sector is an asset.
The Manager will be working in a retail/office environment and would be responsible for the thrift store operation, which includes, hiring, assigning, and monitoring a team of volunteers and actively engaging on social media. The Manager will be required to work weekdays, including some Saturdays and must be available to attend Board meetings with the Directors.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. You may include your salary expectations. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help to advance the purpose of Mission Thrift Store Edmonton 2, we look forward to hearing from you! Please submit your resume by February 1st, 2022, by email to email@example.com
* Full Job Description available upon request
BFM (Edmonton II) Enterprises Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 9797 ]