Whitby, Ontario , L1M 1B4
Tuesday, March 1, 2022
The position reports to and is primarily supervised by the Priest-in-Charge/Incumbent.
Purpose of the Position:
Primarily to assist the Priest-in-Charge/Incumbent, the Wardens, Treasurer, Cemetery Board, and heads of committees with any administrative tasks in support of the ongoing activities of the church.
The Priest-in-Charge/Incumbent, the Wardens, the Cemetery Board, the heads of committees and other clergy and members of the parish as required.
Term of Office:
This is a permanent part-time position. There will be an initial three-month probation period.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and update parish list using parish management software programme
- Work closely with and support the Incumbent to prepare worship powerpoints, leaflets, and mailings/e-mailings
- Oversee mass mailings, including printing, envelopes and labels, and postage
- Printing envelopes and descriptive leaflets for the pews
- Manage inventory of office supplies including ordering, arranging receipt and delivery of packages
Administration and Security:
- Receiving deliveries and supervising tradespeople
- Assist with various hall and space rentals on site including tracking rental bookings and rental payments
- Maintaining church calendar of events including internal bookings of meetings
- Assist in maintaining church filing and records-keeping systems
- Dealing with any parish mail not specifically addressed to an individual or officer in the parish
- Maintaining web ownership including domain name renewal and software license renewals
- Data base maintenance and back-up
- Preparation of church’s Annual Report
- Periodic reporting for parish music licenses
- Help manage St. Thomas’ website and assist in social media maintenance
- Assist in production of parish publications (The Grapevine, website, Facebook, stewardship material)
- Assist with the preparation of letters to donors and other periodic and regular mailings
- Handle parishioner and donor enquiries
- Assist in monitoring and responding to general phone calls and e-mails, directing inquiries to the relevant individual in the parish as required
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to learn new technology and programs (including parish management software, and WordPress, or another website editing platform)
- Able to set-up and support Zoom and other web-based interactive programs
- Experience working in faith-based and/or a non-profit setting with volunteers
- Confidentiality, sensitivity, and professionalism
- Able to work pro-actively and independently
- Willingness to work with deadlines that arise with the weekly and seasonal nature of church worship and life
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the Anglican Church of Canada an asset
Support, Supervision & Evaluation
- Administrator will work with the Incumbent, the Wardens, and other leaders in the church
- There will be an initial three-month probation period
- Performance evaluation will take place annually
Terms of Work Service
- 16 hours per week onsite, normally working on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings.
- In the months of July and August, the hourly commitment will be reduced.
- Some flexibility is required as there may be the occasional evening meetings and overtime leading up to and during peak seasons (Lent and Easter, Advent and Christmas).
- $20 per hour.
Position Risk Assessment
High – A police check will be required of the candidate to be chosen. Candidate will also be required to attend the Diocesan mandated Safe Church Workshop. Successful Candidate will be required to learn and comply with all Provincial and Diocesan regulations on workplace health and safety.
Candidate must also be in compliance with provincial and Diocesan COVID vaccination requirements.
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter with references to the Rev. Benjamin Gillard at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM, Friday, January 28, 2022.
Interviews will be conducted the week of February 7–11.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 9810 ]