Executive Administrative Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant
Barrhead, Alberta , T7N 1C4
We are a dynamic, fast-growing church located in Barrhead, Alberta, just one hour’s drive from Edmonton.
If you are compassionate and love people, are an excellent communicator and organizer, are great at prioritizing and problem-solving and love to dig into technology, this job may be for you! In addition to providing direct admin support to the lead pastor, you will be responsible for performing all administrative tasks associated with the smooth running of the office. Other major responsibilities include coordinating effective communication both online and in print, website and database management, and everything financial.
Using your exceptional administrative, organizational, technical, communication and people skills, the Executive Administrative Assistant works closely with the lead pastor to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the church.
Administration & Operations – 10%
As the lead pastor's administrative assistant, you are responsible for directly supporting the lead pastor with all administrative functions. In addition, the smooth operation of the office on a day-to-day basis is the responsibility of this position.
- Greet visitors and direct to appropriate person
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally
- Compile data, statistics, and other information as required
- Support and attend events planned by pastoral staff and volunteers.
- Ensure Sunday teams are scheduled (speaker, music, tech, hosts)
- Create weekly Livestreams
- In conjunction with lead pastor, determine and establish, and write office procedures, and train staff in same.
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of lead pastor
- Manage church calendars
- Prepare agendas and record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- Book Family Life Centre and arrange for set-up and take down of tables and chairs.
- Order office supplies, and other items as required
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Attend all meetings as directed by the lead pastor. Some evenings/weekends required.
Communication – 40%
The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for all aspects of communication, both online and in print, ensuring excellence and consistency in publishing and clear, transparent communication to the church and the broader community on an on-going basis.
- Meet with the lead pastor daily, to understand and assist with implementing and communicating the mission, vision and direction to the staff and the congregation.
- Assist lead pastor in organizing and prioritizing emails, texts, and phone calls.
- Internal - Together with the lead pastor, develop, maintain, and implement a communication plan to keep congregation informed (e.g., newsletter, church calendar, social media, website, Sunday morning PowerPoint)
- External – Together with the lead pastor, develop, maintain, and implement a communication plan to inform the greater Barrhead community (social media / website) of Bethel community events.
- Administer website, updating and keeping current.
- Administer Social Media pages
- Prepare Sunday morning PowerPoint announcements.
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, newspaper ads, online posts, presentations, brochures, publications, reports, and related material
- Compile Annual report for AGM
- Compile Board Reports
Financial Management – 15%
This position is responsible for day to day accounting functions, including month-end reconciliations
- Perform Accounting functions, including Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, and Cash Receipts
- Perform month-end bank and credit card reconciliations
- Code invoices and obtain appropriate approval signatures
- Make bank deposits and transfers
- Submit payroll taxes to CRA on time
- Ensure payroll is processed in a timely manner
- Prepare Financial Reports as required.
- Maintain equipment inventory of major assets
Systems Management – 30%
Using excellent technology skills and process-oriented giftings, this position administers and manages the church database system.
- Manage, administer, and troubleshoot Church Management Systeh (ChMS) and church app.
- Set up events in ChMS and publish to website
Other Duties as Required – 5%
- Assist in planning events, together with team
- Under direction of the lead pastor, manage projects, using appropriate software, setting and monitoring timelines and milestones, and adjusting as necessary
- Under direction of the lead pastor, research and write Grant proposals, including Student grants
- Pull music for worship team.
Hours of Work:
- This position is full-time, 7.5 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Some evenings/weekends required.
Skills/abilities required include:
The successful applicant will have 3-5 years’ experience in a related field, and preferably post-secondary training in office administration.
- Typing minimum 70 wpm.
- Word, Excel, Power Point
- Desktop publishing
- Experience with accounting software, Quickbooks preferred.
- Database management
- Skilled with technology, including Social Media
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Excellent prioritization and problem-solving.
- Organization and planning.
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional people skills, compassionate and caring.
- Phone Etiquette.
- Skilled with technology; eager and able to learn new software independently.
- Independent learner, Self-starter
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 9811 ]