Gibsons, British Columbia , V0N 1V0
Established in 1986 as a non-profit Christian ministry, Barnabas Family Ministries is dedicated to strengthening, educating and encouraging families through Christian retreats. As a key member of our team located on Keats Island at Barnabas Landing in British Columbia, the Bookkeeper will report to the Operations Director and work closely with many members of staff as well as guests and supporters.
This is a salaried position and candidates may be considered in either a full or part-time capacity. For the right candidate a hybrid onsite-remote working arrangement may also be considered, with a requirement to work onsite at least two days a week.
Barnabas Family Ministries is a Christian organisation and all employees need to understand, value and appreciate the principles that underpin its vision, mission, motivation and core values. Successful candidates will be expected to adhere to the Barnabas’ Code of Conduct and to live according to the Barnabas Principles.
- Maintaining Barnabas’ monthly and annual budgets
- Analyzing bank statements and completing monthly bank reconciliations
- Producing various financial reports to management on a weekly/monthly basis
- Co-ordinating and processing monthly Payroll for all employees
- Processing staff expenses twice monthly
- Tracking invoices, making and managing payables in a timely fashion
- Communicating directly with guests and rental groups regarding the issuing of invoices and the receipt of conference fees and payments
- Depositing conference fees and payments from retreat registrants and rental groups
- Maintaining giving platforms – Canada Helps, Stripe, Moneris, Elevon, Shopify
- Receiving, processing and tracking donations from individuals, foundations and organizations, and following up with them in tandem with the Executive Director
- Supporting on-site staff with Barnabas’ Mercantile and General Store operations
- Other financial-related tasks as required
- Assist other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests
This position reports to Barnabas’ Operations Director
- At least 5 years’ experience in a financial management or bookkeeping role.
- Accounting qualification an asset.
- Proven ability with Sage 50.
- Meticulous attention to detail with record keeping, tracking, fact-checking and interpretation of financial statements.
- Ability to organize, schedule, track, and record.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft suite including Word and Excel in particular.
- A person of high integrity, who strives for excellence and is committed to going ‘the extra mile.’
- A team-oriented person who values team success over individual accomplishment and works well with others in a collaborative environment.
- A highly relational person with a proven ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and over the phone to a wide variety of audiences.
- A self-motivated person who can anticipate the needs of staff and guests, providing high quality service to a variety of groups and individuals.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and issues at the same time and yet maintain a positive attitude.
- Contribute to and actively participate in staff community activities and events
- Adhere to the Barnabas Code of Conduct
- Live according to the Barnabas Principles
- A pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test may be requested
- A pre-employment Criminal Record check may be requested
This is a salaried position and is eligible for Barnabas’ employee benefit package (following a probation period) which includes health insurance, some onsite prepared meals, and paid vacation/sick/holiday leave.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply with their up-to-date resume and a short cover letter or email stating why they feel they are suitable for the role to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is February 28 2022 but may be extended if a suitable candidate is not found within this timeframe
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 9857 ]