Summer Day Camp Intern
Summer Day Camp Intern
Toronto, Ontario , M1W 2P5
Locations: Flemingdon Park, Kingston-Galloway, Jesse-Ketchum, Willowtree
Internship period from June 13 - August 19, 2022 *
Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm **
2-3 weeks of training and prep, followed by 7 weeks of Sonshine Day Camp
Note: Must be available to work the full internship period to qualify
Pay: Minimum wage for the 8-9 weeks
*Program length subject to change based on funding.
**Schedule may vary due to various circumstances.
Summary: Each summer intern will participate in training, camp preparation, and community outreach and service projects during the first three weeks of their program. They will then serve as staff members in existing programs for kids, teens, and families impacted by poverty.
Under the direction of Outreach Workers, the Summer Interns attend training sessions and work together with volunteers at Sonshine Day Camp to provide a caring, loving, safe, and fun environment, in which they will share the love of God in word and deed with the campers in their care.
- Plan, prepare, and lead bible lessons, crafts, games, songs and other activities for children in Grades 1-6.
- Create a safe, respectful, and fun environment for children.
- Share the Gospel message through conversation and teaching.
- Encourage each camper to develop his or her full potential.
- Committ to pray for each camper and their families.
- Work both independantly as well as a team.
- Invite network of supporters to pray you and your ministry this summer.
- Commit to raising $1000 to help support the cost of the camp which is free for campers.
- Committed to knowing and serving God.
- An active member of a Christian church.
- 18-30 years of age.
- Experience in leadership with children.
- First Aid certification.
- Clean vulnerable sector checks.
- Complete training in TCM policies, procedures, expectations, and risk management (provided by TCM).
- Agree to sign the TCM Statement of Faith.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Must follow all TCM COVID-19 related safety measures.
- Must be available for the entire duration of the internship.
Interested applicants should complete the online form.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 9859 ]