Join us on May 24, 2022, for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by: Addison Aspilla, Jenn Aspilla, Ruth Anne Breithaupt, Marilyn Drapper, Sarah Han, Rebecca Idestrom, Lisa Oppitz, James Roberston, and Narry Santos. Visit the Preaching Conference event for more details on our speakers and workshops.
Director of Student & Young Adult Ministries
Director of Student & Young Adult Ministries
Kitchener, Ontario , N2N 2A8
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of students and young adults? Do you enjoy having fun and using your relationships to encourage others? If you care about helping people grow spiritually and participate in God’s work in the world, then this may be just the right role for you!
Westheights Community Church is looking for a Director of Student & Young Adult Ministries. Formalized education isn’t required, but you must have a heart for building relationships with young people, and supporting them through exploring topics of faith and life…and if you have a sense of humour, that would be awesome too!
This is an opportunity to work in a vibrant faith community, alongside a positive staff team, where we seek to help people develop a faith that is transformational and that can be lived out practically in daily life.
While this position is presented as a full-time position, we welcome applicants who are interested in a part time employment and will adjust the job description accordingly.
Student Ministry (50%):
- Develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate a ministry program for students in grades 6-12 that is about helping students “find and follow Jesus”, and ultimately participating in what God is doing in the world.
- Recruit, train, supervise and encourage volunteer Student Ministry leaders.
- Develop relationships with students and families outside of programmed events to foster personal relationships and nurture spiritual growth.
- Administer Westheights Protection Plan with respect to student ministries.
Young Adults (30%):
- Develop an approach to regular young adult ministry that works here at Westheights and is in alignment with our strategic plan.
- Recruit, equip, oversee and encourage a leadership team who can help implement the approach to young adult ministry.
- Develop relationships with young adults outside of programmed activities to foster personal relationships and nurture spiritual growth
- Promote and encourage students and young adults to participate in the life of Westheights Community Church outside of age specific programming
- Provide financial oversight of ministry budgets that is marked by integrity and stewardship
- Oversee the Westheights “Halloween for Hunger” initiative
- Participate in weekly Team Meetings
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by the fruits of the Spirit
- Personal integrity above reproach, a life-long learner, self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player, flexible
- Passion for seeing students and young adults encounter Jesus and grow as his followers
- Affirmed leadership abilities
- Be in agreement with the Be In Christ Church of Canada Core Values and Articles of Faith and Doctrine
- Willing and able to become a member of Westheights Community Church
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity with or willing to learn Planning Center and G-Suite
- Current Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Terms of Employment:
The Director of Student & Young Adult Ministries will be employed by Westheights Community Church, supervised by the Lead Pastor and will be amenable to the leadership of the Be In Christ Church of Canada.
The position requires work on Sundays, Thursday evenings (Sr High) and regular mid-week office hours which will be determined in discussion with the Lead Pastor. The average hours worked each week will fluctuate, but the average will be 37.5 hours/week.
- This position is permanent, full-time, based on 37.5 hours per week and includes 3 weeks vacation annually.
- Benefits Included
- Salary TBD
How to Apply:
Westheights Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until June 6, 2022.
Only applicants who are legally permitted to reside and work in Canada will be considered.
Please email a resume, along with a short personal testimony of faith and three personal references, to Josh Mutter (Lead Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org. A brief video introduction of yourself and your interest in the position would be appreciated, but not required.
While we appreciate all submissions, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 9880 ]