K0L 2S0, Ontario , K0L 2S0
Classification: Full Time
Reports to: Leadership Team (Elders)
Start Date: To be determined
Graphite Bible Chapel is seeking a full-time, permanent pastor who has a passion to lead; is able to provide God- inspired teaching that will challenge mature Christians, develop those new in their faith and make the Bible relevant to those with no faith. He should have a vision for outreach combined with a desire to position Graphite as a vibrant, growing, outreach-oriented, caring, family-style church in a rural setting. He should have an engaging manner, a heart for people and be able to care for those in need.
Education, Skills, Abilities, Spiritual Gifts
- Master of Divinity Degree from an accredited seminary or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated capacity and passion for practical, doctrinally sound, scripture based teaching and preaching
- Experienced at training and mobilizing people for ministry
- Demonstrated capacity and enthusiasm for developing a vision and implementing it for effective outreach to our local community and beyond
- Demonstrated capacity for compassionate pastoral care
- Positive capacity for effective communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
- Spiritual gifts: leadership, teaching, evangelism, wisdom, shepherding.
- Exercise interpersonal skills that build relationships, encourage diversity of thought regarding solutions, and deal effectively with conflict
- Awareness and respect for the church’s heritage and theology
- The pastor and elders make decisions by consensus
- Our organizational structure is designed to empower people for effective ministry
Approximate expected time allocation (based on a 40-hour work week):
- Study, Sermon Preparation and Delivery
- Visitation, Outreach & Pastoral Care
Reports to: The Elders as an equal member of the Elder’s Team.
Interacts with: The Elders, Deacons, ministries and members of Graphite, and the Hastings Highlands community at large
Employment salary & benefits
- Salary remuneration commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Annual paid vacation
- Health care plan
- Book/Education Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- One-time Moving Allowance
About Graphite Bible Chapel
Graphite Bible Chapel is a welcoming, accepting, caring, multigenerational, family-oriented congregation of about 140, about one-third of whom are children and youth. We are a Christian, evangelical, non-denominational church with roots in the Brethren Movement. Attributes of a Biblical church most strongly demonstrated at Graphite include worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry and outreach events. Our prayer is to continue to grow in these areas as well as develop and strengthen other biblical-based church attributes particularly local community, national and international missions.
We believe a great commitment to the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40) and to the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) will grow Graphite Bible Chapel.
To bring people to Jesus and membership in His family, develop them to Christ-like maturity and equip them for their ministry in the church and their life mission in the world, in order to magnify God’s name.
- Celebrating God’s presence through worship
- Connecting with God’s family through fellowship
- Educating God’s people through discipleship
- Demonstrating God’s love through ministry
- Communicating God’s Word through evangelism
- Unity in essential beliefs
- Liberty in non-essential beliefs
- Love in all our beliefs Contact Information
Please send attached cover letter, resumé and doctrinal statement to: Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a link (or MP3 file) to a recent sermon. Note: For logistical reasons, we are only considering applicants from Canada and the US.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 9924 ]